Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where is a good place to buy a boat cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Default where is a good place to buy a boat cover?

I am looking for a good boat cover for my 16ft lowe boat. Does anyone know a good brand. where is a good place to buy/order one from? I would like one with a motor cover. thank you for your info and help.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a motor cover, and a good heavy duty tarp. I have spent lots of $ on a cover that last's just as long as a tarp, and serves the same purpose. Unless you are willing to fork over the cast to buy a custom cover, a heavy duty tarp will do you just as good as a universal cover.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

locator79. my cousion said the same thing buy a tarp.

Post Thanks / Like

or drop the 350 to get a good custom BREATHABLE cover, if not then tarp is just as good in my op.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want custom breathable cover do a search in U area for awning shops, or marine/boat covers. Any larger city area will have a few shops or call dealer but of course he will want a piece of the action.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have had universal covers, heavy tarps, etc. Phil Berger at The Lake of the Ozarks (I think it is Phil's Upholstery (call Berger Marine, they will give you the number)) has made three custom covers for me over the past 18 years...very satisfied with every one of them.
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

just bought one for my 15ft john boat i duck hunt out of. 39.99 from Acadey Sports and it has the elastic edges so its easy to cover the boat without having to strap it all up. Its water resistant, not waterproof. But its just a jon boat, i dont need top of the line stuff unless ya got alot of high dollar electronics you need to keep dry at all times. a lil water dont hurt jons
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tarps are ugly as heck and are ugly too, just 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Bought one for my 18ft bass boat from Cabelas. It's as close to a custom fit as you can get and does come with a motor cover. They run them on sale for around $120.00. Can't beat the quaility for the price. Highly recommend them.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone has said, how many $ do you want to spend and do you want to tow with it on? If you're just keeping mother nature at bay your options are many. I used a 16' x 8' flatbed tarp, green in color, for 6 yrs on one boat and a few months on my current boat and it isn't hurt at all. I made a ridge down the middle by making PVC cradles for a piece of chain link top rail to keep the water from pooling, which is the demise of many tarps or covers. The cradles slide over the seat posts and have a T with the top of the T cut off, hence the cradle. Tape the rough ends of the rail, put on the cover and the water rolls off. the way I do it The tarp has the ends open and lets everything dry out and keeps 95% of the rain out. Of course, snow would blow in. I would post pics but the boat is getting some new lower unit seals and isn't here. Just some input and food for thought.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast