Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3 Eagle 165 or SeaArk Forecast 154

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 Eagle 165 or SeaArk Forecast 154

Narrowing my choices and down to these two. Any comments, good features, bad features, and other experiences? Want to go with a stick steer and something easy to load and unload by myself.
    I DO MY BEST PROOFREADING RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE "SUBMIT" BUTON

Post Thanks / Like

The SeaArk is pretty sweet, but I wish it wasn't carpeted.

You won't regret owning either.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Either one are good boats. I fish out of a G3 Eagle 185 and really like it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at all of them, even went to the War Eagle and Sea Ark factories. Chose the Sea Ark because of several things, layout, plenty room, built like a sub, rides and drives like a dream, very stable. I got the carpet, but you can get the gator hide if you like. I have a 17' Forecast stick steer with a 60 Yahama, good milage, plenty power, 34mph gps at 5100rpm. Unloads/loads very easy with just me. I looked at the 15', but I wanted more space, and the 17' really gives that.
    I added internal pumps in both live wells and the minnow well up front, which by the way is so handy. If you order one, those can be added at that time, or itls so easy to add later. If I had one thing I would change it would be nit picking, like I would like a little larger built in cooler, but it will still hold all I need. Mostly keep my frozen water for the minows in it.
    G3 is a great boat, but as I said, I just liked the layout of the SA.
    And too, if I was planning on tournament fishing, I would not have gotten the stick, but for my type of fishing it's great. They are some rougher in bad water, but I rarely go when it's bad. For me, the good outweighs the bad...
    Last edited by E-Z Poleholder; 10-18-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****
    Likes Eagle 1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a G3 170 last year. So far, I really like it. The only big thing I did to it so far was add minnkota deckhand anchor winches on the front and back.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, if there is any way you can swing the extra money and it not be too hard on you loading the boat, I would go with the Forecast 170C. I looked at a lot of different models and IMHO Sea Ark makes a better boat than G3.

You will not regret the added space of the 170C. A foot and half may not seem like that much up close, but it will once on the water. Good luck in your choice.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

get what you like, it will make a big difference in whether you will use it or not, and if the price paid is fair, it really only matters to you, no one else.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

While I have not owned either exact models. I have owned both the SeaArk and the G3. My favorite hands down was the SeaArk. It was a 170zx and was built great.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 16.5ft SeaArk and it's been a real good boat. I've spent lots of hours on the water in it and its held up great. Most aluminum boats are not as good in rough water, but you don't have to go as fast as you can when the waves are high. The only time it scared me, it was my fault, I left the plug out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Sea Ark Forecast 170C and it's built like a tank. The 170C has the side console, which I may at some point convert to a stick steer. The layout on this boat is really nice for crappie fishing. I like having quick access to the live well and bait well. The boat is built like a tank and it rides very nice considering it's size. I'm in the process of upgrading the trolling motor to an Ulterra and slapping my Helix 9 on the front. I can't wait to get out on the water this spring, work has been keeping me too busy to enjoy the boat as much as I'd like to.

It's all aluminum, no wood that I am aware of. Fishes 2 people very comfortable with room for gear. If I removed the side console and went to a stick steer, I could probably fish a 3rd person as long as we're all using 5"4 Ultralight rods, lol. I wish it were a little wider, but overall I am very happy with the boat. Too bad Sea Ark doesn't still make this boat, at least they don't advertise it on their website. I think it would be very popular amongst crappie anglers. Every time you see a used one for sale it gets snatched up pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by cache22 View Post
    Narrowing my choices and down to these two. Any comments, good features, bad features, and other experiences? Want to go with a stick steer and something easy to load and unload by myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast