Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig pole

What is a good LIGHWEIGHT jig pole in the 12ft. version? I am using a 12ft. silstar with a mitchell 300 But it is heavy to hold. Want a lightweight pole to put a little ice fishing reel on. Any ideas?

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BnM bucks best ultralite 12 fter, it's an awesome pole, comes with a bottom reel seat or a regular reel seat, I jig with 2 of em with bottom reel seats and big reels for balance, theres a cutout for your finger so the line runs across your finger, you can feel the slightest vibration, around 45 bucks or so, here's link B & M Rods 3
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The BnM Bucks Graphite Jig Pole isn't too bad either. I'm with you that the Silstar's are heavier than I want to hold all day. I vertical jig with a couple of 8' BnM , same model(BGJP). They weigh nothing and work well if reach isn't an issue. Grizzly has em on sale right now too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Products

scroll down to 12' Team Watters rod

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

BnM Sam Heaton super sensitive. Lightweight, sensitive, and really fun to land a slab with.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER!!!
    I QUIT FISHIN, I ONLY GO CATCHIN NOW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Sam Heaton Super Sensitive. The 10ft model. Had a 12ft, way too heavy compared to the 10ft.

Post Thanks / Like

KINGKRAPPIE I dont understand how that cutout works does the line run through the rod noguides. Could you explain that alittle?

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

BnM Sam's Super Sensitive is a great rod, I like the 11' length in the Sam's. Another good option would be the 12' Gold Series BnM, it has the super light weight, IM8 Graphite, and weighs about the same as an 11' Sam's Super Sensitive. This rod is very sensitive and strong. It also has stainless steel guides which are lighter than the ceramic guides, and a Portuguese cork handle . Even the Buck's Jigging stick is extremely light and has been redone with stainless guides too.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

the cutout is essentially so that you can put your finger on the blank, giving a foam handle pole more sensitivity than a cork handle, but if you tuck the line under your pointer finger, the line is against your finger and nothing else because of the cutout, while keeping your hand in it's normal position. the bucks best graphite and the sam heaton are good poles, but not near as light, i've never seen nor heard of the team watters, looks like a fine rod, has a long handle behind the reel seat like a trolling rod, it won't be as light as the ultralight either way.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks KINGKRAPPIE for the info I think I will have to get me one and one for the soninlaw my partner.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast