Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It's looking up on the Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's looking up on the Rock

Went out this evening for a couple of hours before sunset and caught a few dinks where they haven't been all summer, so they are starting to move back into the old cool weather hang outs. Tied into something that broke the 8# mono on a C&C rig. Felt like a big catfish, but no slime on the line. Water was green and 68°. Found the dinks and marked lots of fish at 10 to 17 deep in 25 to 30 fow on the channel break. Tried pitching and dipping standing timber, but only one taker. Tried blue/white and orange/chartreuse slab buster tipped with minner, but they only wanted the minner on a plain hook. It's been a long dry spell on the Rock, so it's great to catch a few even if they are shorts!
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there them big ones should be following in shortly. Had to be a nice evening to be out fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

gotta keep after em. Maybe a few bigones will come around

Post Thanks / Like

Would that be "Table Rock" in MO?
    There might be a bunch of us going up there next fall. We'd all like to know how to catch Crappie on that lake.
    I'd like to know the guide on that lake.

Sorry, I don't know where we'll be yet!
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

keep after them radioactive, it will get better, has to. It has been so slow for three years. getting kind of tire of the no bite/bite to keeper ratio. good times are comming.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the bite is definitely getting better on the Rock. How's the rods working out for you Radioactive?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pvasst1 View Post
    Sounds like the bite is definitely getting better on the Rock. How's the rods working out for you Radioactive?
    Morning bite doesn't seem to be improving much, but the evenings have been the most productive. Seems like they are in transition right now, so the bite should improve in the channels and cove mouths as the water cools a bit more

Rods are doing great. Got one rigged with an ultralight reel that is super for casting to the laydowns

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thudpucker View Post
    Would that be "Table Rock" in MO?
    There might be a bunch of us going up there next fall. We'd all like to know how to catch Crappie on that lake.
    I'd like to know the guide on that lake.

Sorry, I don't know where we'll be yet!

Yep, was referring to Table Rock in Mo. I just moved back here a year and a half ago and started fishing for Crappie this spring, so am not very good at it yet. I've been told that after the big floods 3 years ago the Crappie pretty much disappeared and are only now starting to show up in any numbers with most being under 10 inches.
    Don't know any Crappie guides here as most folks concentrate on Bass which the lake is famous for, so if you want to concentrate on Crappie when you visit, other lakes such as Truman or Stockton might be better choices

Post Thanks / Like

HAH! You and I'd be a pair. I just came south a few years ago and haven't learned to catch Crappie yet at all.
    We'd be the kiss of Skunk in a boat together.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D