Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bbbuuurrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bbbuuurrrrrrr

Had 18 degrees Sat. morning on the thermommyter. To cold to venture outside for this old boy. Spent the day peeling the old line, cleaning and going through all the rods and reels. Guess I'll make a BPS run in a few weeks and get new line and check out the new shtuff. Any Eskimo's fish this weekend...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and i went sunday and i'm glad we did the fishing was awesome,when you found them.We hit two spots and had 4 fish in the boat but when we got to the third spot it was on we sat there for hours and caught fish i have never seen so many fish caught off one spot and they were all decent fish we kept 2 limits of 10 to 13 in fish and caught at least 50 more it was a day you dream of in the winter.We then catfished for a while before dark and caught 6 with one 30 lb and one 20 lb,it was worth being cold cause i doubt i will ever forget that day.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Plan on pulling some shad outta the freezer and grabbing the crappie rod today.I work weekends and am off every monday,I feel obligated to go out every week no matter what the temp.....of couse the car and heater is only 20 yards away!!

Sounds like a great day bugman.What were the cats and bait,location?I'm going to cast 1 gut pocket into the old river channel and one under a float on the mud flat is the sun comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

We were fishing a main lake cove on loz,the cat's were on bottom between 35 and 45 ft with shad sides.It seemed they were middle way back in the coves,the crappie came from the mouth of a cove on the first dock with little brush but had depth and the fish were suspending between 4 and 6 ft.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,checked our lake this a.m. after dropping the grandson off to school.Thin sheet of ice with a few open pockets.Still going to give it a shot

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, thought you were in the land of sunshine and hurricanes... When did you get back?

Post Thanks / Like

Got back last week.Had no takers today,but nice to get back out.

When anyone says it was just nice to be out-their lying-catchin is always better

Post Thanks / Like

Did for just a bit on Saturday, spent most of the day making new homes some furture hogs. We did manage to catch a whopping total of 4 fish. But we only fished for maybe a hour. The weather isnt looking to good for the next week.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

cook, do you know if w hiway ramp is open? want to try it tomorrow be fore it gets frozen again.it seems like when you left so did the ice,now your babk and brought ice.HaHa

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you guys are catching and not just freezing lol. Man I wish I could take the cold, I'll just have to let you guys have all the fun till it warms up some more. Keep us posted fellers, it's still nice to read about...izzy