Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigging on Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging on Stockton

I'm new to Spider Rigging and while I'm not asking where you would spider rig this weekend on Stockton I am asking what depth and what you would be looking for as a starting point. I bought racks last spring and got into the crankbait thing and loved it, so now I'm going to start playing with slow trolling jig and minnow rigs. Learning new methods is a ton of fun. Thanks for any advice.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

start at roark bluff, go west out of the cove and go to the power line. stop there and work the flat from 12 ft of water out to 20ft. the shallow water is closest to the north bank,

once you slow troll that area, head up the sons creek, south and hit the big cove on the right, about 1/8 mile south of the power line, solw troll the mouth of the two cuts in the big cove, couple state brush piles marked there and they produce

then head on up sons creek and stay to the right side, when you see the small courtisy dock slow troll out in front of there, working your way north about 100 yards, then work out into the chanell, see the group of big tree tops, work arround them, lots of broke off tress so you may get snagged,... work your way east to the east bank, see the two docks in the small cut, work the couth of the cut. walley and crappie hang out there, work your way south down the east bank, watch the depth finder real close, work the crop outs and log jams. work south to the bend in the creek work the mouth of the next two coves, good luck

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much better help you can get than that. thanks for helping him out Beagleman. That lake is prime for rigging, slow trolling, longlining with roadrunners and cranks. Also lots of bonus fish to be had.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Beagle!! As we all know it gives us all a good feeling to help out a newcomer to the sight.