Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gravois Arm of LoZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gravois Arm of LoZ

Hey there fellows, me and a couple of buddies are heading out this Sunday to try to land some slabs. Went out last weekend and only managed 8 keepers all day. I don't know what we were doing wrong, we were pitching the docks.

Anyone have any adivce to help us out? Depth, minnows or jigs? Should we be fishing vertically rather than pitching?
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

I went down wed night and had 20 keepers in about 2 hrs between 2 of us before it got dark. Vertical jigging brush piles in 21-24ft of water. Could see fish stacked on top of the brush with the finder. Caught a ton of little ones also. Slab busters but color didn't seem to matter much.

Post Thanks / Like

i've been fishing the big niangua all week and have caught a limit each day except Wednesday. Early in the week I was catching white crappie over deep brush piles, 8-10 feet down. Most keepers were just barely 9" up to 10". As the week went by, we started fishing chunk rock on the outside of points. Black crappie were up next to the bank and most keepers were 9.5 to 10.5 Color didn't seem to matter much, but having a crappie nib did.
    This morning I went out for 2 hrs and caught 6 keepers, 3 went just under 11" right behind docks. Fish seem to be around 4 feet deep right now.
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

You might try up Indian creek and fish the laydowns and stick ups, could be there are a couple of limits just waiting for you.
    Monk