Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-State vs. KU game

Post Thanks / Like

Default K-State vs. KU game

Wow!This is a not so good cats team beating a horrible coached KU team.Nothing to brag about but glad Mangino is gone!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not KU basher but the hawks have no passion or dedication in how they play.Mangino had them flying to the ball!

Post Thanks / Like

I did not think KU would win this game but there is not reason in hell why they should ever play like they did tonight. I don't care what kind of talent you have or whose recruits they are....this was a complete joke. I would never think to try and push someone out after 1 year but I hope the new AD takes a hard look at who may be interested. This is one the most poorly coached teams I have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

i whine alot but this was such an a-kickin can't even do that

Post Thanks / Like

Game? What game?
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I never leave a game early even if they are getting pounded, but I left during the 3rd quarter. At least the big guys teams if they were getting beat gave full effort this team quit after K-State scored there first of what seamed like 40 Tds. Gill has lost this team and I think his stay at KU will be a real short one

Post Thanks / Like

The KU football program was in a shambles last year, thats why the changes were made. K-State was in the same situation or they wouldn't have brought Snyder back. Nebraska was in the same situation and thats why their AD and Coach had to go. Neither of those programs were back to championship form the very next year. The game last night was no different than last weeks Thursday night game when K-State was exposed. The KU football program will take some time, as all they have is raw talent, most of them being freshmen of some sort, after lasts night game, if I was in Gill, I would bench every single junior and senior on that team and play out the year with a freshman class. Those juniors and seniors show no desire to lead. Of course, he won't because he istrying to instill some loyalty there. It's baby steps for this team. NO coach in the country could have went to Lawrence and had a winning season this year. Look at the players, anyone who thinks otherwise is dillusional. You can only Coach if the Players want to be coached, Obviously the team at this point doesn't have what it takes. If you are a true fan, then you will give em at least a couple of years so these freshmen can prove themselves. The Big twelve North is still not as strong as some would like to believe. Even my Huskers will get a rude awakening if they keep makeing errors. My take on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree no coach could have led this team to a winning season. But if he can't get the respect of his players to play hard then he isn't going to be able to take this program where it needs to be...lose to baylor by 10 and KSU by 14. And bead NDSU and no one is complaining...but lose all 3 and get outscored 110-17! No effort and no coaching up players....his game manag$ent is probably the worst I have ever seen....always calling timeouts when we shouldn't, etc. ....if he turns it around I will be the first to admit that I was wrong, but if just don't see it happening

Post Thanks / Like

I agree no coach could have led this team to a winning season. But if he can't get the respect of his players to play hard then he isn't going to be able to take this program where it needs to be...lose to baylor by 10 and KSU by 14. And bead NDSU and no one is complaining...but lose all 3 and get outscored 110-17! No effort and no coaching up players....his game manag$ent is probably the worst I have ever seen....always calling timeouts when we shouldn't, etc. ....if he turns it around I will be the first to admit that I was wrong, but if just don't see it happening

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda disagree, if any coach mentioned above inherited a "bad" team it was Synder. NU's program is a break-up part of the B12, their program has a different mentality all together, losing is not acceptable. NU recruiting is probably one of the best in the country, this is the house Dr. Tom built, Gill WAS a part of it twice. I wonder why he isn't still there? KU's program never really has been strong, at least in my lifetime. They finally hired the right a-hole to turn the program around and KU's alumni didn't like Mangino's "ways" because he squirted off the wrong players parent. This isn't highschool its the next level and the level of competition is much better. The players really are competing for a job, how much is their major college education worth, remember there are players standing in line to play. Synder has a proven system, he not only trains players but how many coaches. One thing I'll promise you, if NU/KSU played again next week KSU's players won't give up in the 3rd quarter which allowed the route. KU's team proved they have one possession worth of integrity, it was the first set of downs, once KSU scored KU plain quit. This is the major college level and one thing I'll tell you there isn't one player on KU's roster that could make it at NU.
    Good coaches can take any program and make it a winner, period. Good management finds the right coach, not that ol BS of "its a rebuilding year". Thats generally the response when they wouldn't meet a good coaches demands. Mangino didn't win games by screaming at his team, that coaches staff taught players, you have to or you can't win. Maybe you don't approve of his ways so you'll never understand NU's concepts or any other winning colleges. The real truth is KU needs an interim coach, fire Turner Gill now to establish the excuse. As far as the freshman go, get them the redshirt experience. Use your soph. and the upper class needs to be "intialized" now or pack your gear, somebody needs to open their eyes again and build upon it. The right attitude and approach now can turn the program into a winner starting this year, but with Gill they haven't got a chance. Changes happen when CHANGES START, and you can only start once. I'll bet ya its already happening at KSU, Synders face at NU in the 4th quarter strongly showed what his commitment would be at the following practice. Remember he is the coaches coach, and that says alot. Good programs don't wash their laundry at the mat. Things are addressed internally, I wonder why KU's AD decided to leave after Gills first game.OOPS now someone needs to finish the job. Every one in Lawrance needs to go over to Gills home and help him move. KU did not gradute a senior football team last year with no reserves. Just a bunch of do-gooders, to much pamprin politics there for me. KU's chances of correcting its wrong are honestly slim and none in the next few years and now you'll have to live with it.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast