Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Waynoka 10-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Waynoka 10-14

Hit lake waynoka today, fished for hours picking off a fish here and there on laydowns and sunken trees in front of peoples docks. I was just getting ready to leave when I figured I would try something different and man did it pay off. Not for many keepers but had fun. I fished a straight drop off bank which bottomed out at 16ft deep. Fish were down in 10-13 feet of water. No structure anywhere near the fish. I don't understand that part of it. I fished several laydowns that layed into deep water and didnt get anything. Do fish hold on these vertical ledges a lot from what any of you can tell. I mean, with no structure anywhere closeby. Maybe thats why Im having so much trouble finding fish all the time. I almost never fish an area unless it has some type of structure. So, have I been overlooking something mr professionals??? By the way, I only had 9 keepers to bring home but one of them was the biggest 1 ever caught at just under 14 inches. Anyone else fish these "dropoffs" with luck like I had today?

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, the most exciting part about the whole day was all fish were caught on jigs that I made myself. Thanks yates for lettin me know bass pro had everything. I never knew they had all that stuff. That was the only section of bass pro That i completely bypassed everytime I went in there because I thought it was just for fly fishing materials. Thought you had to by vice and tools elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have found a new career, tying jigs and catching crappie. You have to provide me with some of those secret baits.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to give me some lessons on tying jigs & catching crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get ahead of yourselves...... My secret jigs have provided me with an approx. total of about 50 fish in the past 3 fishing trips so don't get ahead of yourselves.

I will say one thing though. I had minnows out yesterday drowning all day and never caught a fish on them. weird part is, several casts with the jig i was throwing just past my float and getting fish just as It was coming past the minner. Kinda weird to be honest. Guess I am starting to take a liking to the jigs but still like watching a float slowly head southward. Hey, whatever works

Post Thanks / Like

You'll see that a lot in the summer, the crappie suspending over open water or on humps and ledges. That is why a lot of people troll crankbaits in the summer, to cover a lot of water looking for the suspended fish. In the fall, they are fattening up on shad, so where ever the shad are, the crappie will follow. If baitfish were in open water, the crappie were probably there also.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just a horrible cell phone pic of the jigs. Tried all the char/black, elect. chicken colors and they wouldnt touch it but soon as I but one of these two colors on they were on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

They look awesome, I need some of those. Bet you could make some for sauger fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Assassin View Post
    They look awesome, I need some of those. Bet you could make some for sauger fishing.
    Done thought of that bro!!!! Gonna get some bigger jigheads and see what I can come up with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EFslabs View Post
    You'll see that a lot in the summer, the crappie suspending over open water or on humps and ledges. That is why a lot of people troll crankbaits in the summer, to cover a lot of water looking for the suspended fish. In the fall, they are fattening up on shad, so where ever the shad are, the crappie will follow. If baitfish were in open water, the crappie were probably there also.
    X2
    Glad to see ya got some swimming jigs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast