Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Greeson?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Greeson?

To Jerry or Darrell. How many miles of shoreline does Lake Greeson have And What would the average depth be?Do u know if there is a site where i can see a map of Greeson.I can,t come to the crappie camp at the time yuall are having it because of my work. I can come the first of March could that be a good time.?If it is i may come down for a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rounman:

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to Crappie Camp but Darryl and I will be glad to help you in any way we can if you decide to come to Lake Greeson at another time whether you want a guided trip or just need some pointers to get you headed in the right direction.

Of course we can be of most help if you take a trip with either of us and bring your GPS. Then we can show you exactly where and how we fish and you would be welcome to come back to our condos on your own any time you wish. Every now and then we have clients that vacation in the area and live here that have their own boats but take a trip with us to get lined out and then go after them on their own. We have several hundred condos on each of the lakes we guide on so there are plenty to go around. There just isn't very much crappie fishing pressure on these lakes.

Here is a link for some info on Lake Greeson: http://www.arkansas.com/lakes-rivers/lake/id/17

I don't know of any good on-line maps but here is a link to an arial map that may help:

http://terraserver.com/imagery/image...r_id=502&t=pan

There are some other maps on Terraserver that are more detailed but you can only see part of the lake at a time of course.

http://terraserver.com/imagery/image...r_id=500&t=pan

We're also going to let our clients use our "Bunkhouse" for as long as they wish when they take a trip with us. Then those that want to camp but don't have a way of towing both a camper and boat (or don't wish to stay in a tent) will have a place to stay right on the water where they can pull their boat up to the bank next to their campsite and stay as long as they wish.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

The first part of March is a good time. The crappie will most likely be in a prespawn pattern stacking up on the staging tops and starting to explore the shallows. Of course, that all depends on the weather and how much the water warms between now and then. Here is a pic from last March 6.

Average depth is hard to say. I can say that most of the crappie fishing in Lake Greeson is deeper than most typical crappie lakes. Alot of our tops are in the Bear Creek arm of the lake. There, water depths vary from the very shallow backs of coves (18") to 30 plus foot of water in the channel. There are alot of points and secondary channels that hold crappie. All in all, I'd say that out of all the crappie we catch throughout a year's time we catch most 8-15 ft. deep in 12-25 ft. of water (depending on their movement of course).

As for the total shorline, I really couldn't tell you. It is a 7,000 acre lake that is somewhere around 16 miles from dam to river. We only fish a small portion of that leaving us plenty of room for expansion.

Looking forward to meeting you when you can come. I know you'll enjoy yourself. It's a great crappie lake.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

thank you both for the information. You guys are class acts for sure.With yualls attitudes you can,t help but do good in you and jerrys venture.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry & Darryl, Just from reading your post's you guy's seem to be a couple of great ambassodor's for our sport,i have never hired a guide before but if i ever do it would be one of you.It is plain to see you guy's can fish and are not arfaid to share your knowledge and your honeyhole's,people seem to be afraid to share their brushpiles,stakebeds etc and i dont know why if someone here on lake of the ozarks is new to crappie fishing and wants to learn to catch a few i will take them and show em a few spots so they too can catch fish next time out,that to me is a better feeling that hogging all my spots.But on the otherhand those guy's that fish alot and never build cover and want to follow you around with a gps all the time is damn aggrevating i wish everyone would spend a little more time building cover instead of looking for it,that would make for better fishing on all lakes.If i ever get down your way i'll give you a yell to see how those ark slabs are doing.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bugman:

Helping folks catch crappie is what we do - how we get our "jollies"! You are absolutely right - if folks would spend more time building their own condos instead of just relying on the work of others they and the fishery would be better off for sure.

Come on down to Crappie Camp if you get a chance and we’ll get ya lined up on some big ole Arkansas SLABS!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to work my schedule around it,would love to come and fish alongside you fella's.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie