Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My crappie boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default My crappie boat

I purchased this boat last year in the fall and worked on it off and on all year to get it compatible with the type of fishing I do and launchable from the ramps that I use when water is low. I managed to launch in 3-4 ft. of water yesterday. I think I have got it like I want it.Attachment 47583Name:  bottom bumpers pictures 004.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  146.3 KB

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice rig right there.I'm trtying to get mine half that nice.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly did you do to improve your ability to launch into shallow water? And tell us in detail the other improvements you've made. Half the fun of doing stuff is crowing about it and now that I've asked, you have an excuse.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Fine rig there...I'd be interested as well in knowing what all you did to her.
    There's nothing like feeling that THUMP...FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

I went into detail on what I did to the boat but for some reason my post was in error and the post was lost. Soory, Maybe later.

Post Thanks / Like

Please post again explaining what you did. Also, I would like to see some more pictures. Looks like you've got a good setup.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

To get it to launch in shallower water you musta just changed the size of tire on your trailor. i cant think of anything else that could be done to the boat to accomadate for shallow water. if so, let me know.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was interested to hear if maybe he extended the tongue to accomodate to shallower angle on a ramp. Other than the tire trick, only other things I can think of would be:

a) Lowering the bunk boards slightly

b) Glide sticks on the bunk boards or

c) Moving the winch stand and adjusting the bunks to allow the boat to ride further back.

Anyway....quit toying with our emotions and get to typing.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand what is happening but I started a new thread with details again and tryied to post and it would not accept my post. Im not sure this will go thru. A lot of detailed typing gone to pot! Sorry BB

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used the glide sticks Wannabe mentioned? Sound like a good idea. I just bought a Fisher 1610SS and pull it with a Sebring convertable that has about as much ground clearance as a Corvette. I need all the help I can get off & on the trailer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast