Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall fishing for panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall fishing for panfish

has been great. Crappie avg/size, 10-11 inches but "bull bluegills". I never keep gills under 8 inches, kept a dozen, and four were 10 inches. Got lots of tens this year. Biggest crappie, 3lbs 10 ozs, 19-7/8 inches but that was during Feb in ARK during my usual winter trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! 3lbs 10ozs that is HUGE! I hope it's on the wall or still at the taxidermist?
    Congrats on catching such a trophy.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

where was you fishing at in ark?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply. I camp yearly in ARK at White Oak Lake state campground. I fish Bragg Lake nearby and Gurdon Pond nearby in addition to White Oak. The large crappie was caught at Gurdon. But forget it. Last year they drained Gurdon (about 60 acres) for "gate control repair". Guys had a field day netting the fish coming out. I took a picture of a guy with 2-10 lb LM Bass he scooped. The wildlife people are in the process of putting out bamboo pots and stocking and refilling the lake. It'll be a cpl yrs b4 it goes back to what it was.. it also was a super gill and redear lake. White Oak produces well and does Bragg. I'v been fishing these lakes for 15 yrs. Another hot spot is Millwood but its a very big lake - where the Saline river enters the lake out of Tollette(?) is very good - careful tho, lots & lots of stumps under the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Its ok I know this is a busy time of year. I might have to try this lakes.