Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holders

I bought the boat I mentioned in my post yesterday about "How Much Trolling Motor". Thanks for the help. I need a rod holder system that has four holders on one bar. I need one that you can rotate each holder to the position you want, but I also need one that has a rotating base so I can rotate all four at once. Here in Florida (especially in the Spring), the wind blows pretty much all of the time. Often, you can work this to your advantage if drift fishing, but often you end up with your boat drifting sideways. So, I need to be able rotate all four holders at one time. Thanks again fellow crappie chasers.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holders

I have used the tite-loc holders on my Ranger for the past 2 years and they have worked great. I would not hesitate to recomend them to anyone. The number on the set is 5841, it has a 24 inch bar on each one and will hold up to 5 holders but I only use 4. These rod holders are about the most expensive out there but they are worth the extra money in my opinion. The cheapest place I have found to purchase them is at CaptainGarys.com . I have heard that the Perotti Bilt system sold through Grizzly Jigs is also very good and they are cheaper than the tite-loc system. Hope you get set up soon and get to hauling in those big slabs.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Also, why not try the one listed at the top of the forum page since I think maybe they are one of the sponsors of the forum....Driftmaster Rod Holders..

Post Thanks / Like

These Driftmasters will adjust anyway you want. Bar rotates and the holders rotate and tilt.
    http://www.driftmaster.com/Other.html

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Titelok they have worked great for me they look nice on the boat can be removed simply even tho they cost a lil more they are worth it or have bee to me 5841 with quick release holders

Post Thanks / Like

How about Wally Marshall's new rod holder:

Thinking about giving them a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I HAVE FOUR SETS OF THE TITE LOK BLACK WDOW ULTRA AND I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THEM.I CALLED TITE LOK AND THEY TOLD ME THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO BUY THERE PRODUCTS WAS AT WWW.CAPTGARYS.COM

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, posted to the wrong thread.

Dayton
    Last edited by Ranger690; 02-05-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Wally Marshalls have a lifetime guarantee against stripping or breakage not being a wise a-- just wondering

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perrotti

I use a Perrotti(spelling) rod holder. It works really great. Has a flush mount and comes apart easy. It also has every adjustment you can think of. Talking about using the wind in your favor for drift fishing to keep you boat from getting sideways and drifting too fast you can use a rope and a piece of chain. Tie the rope to the rear of your boat and drag a length of chain, (length depends on how heavy your boat is and how hard the wind is blowing, You can also adjust the tension by letting out more or less rope) This will keep you boat in line and slow it down. You can then use the trolling motor to help out if it is going too slow. Also the chain won't get hung on stuff too much it will pretty much slide over everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast