Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chillian miners are all safe

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chillian miners are all safe

What a glorious moment as I watch while the last of the miners made it to the surface after 70 days in a tomb. It just so happened that it was on my birthday that the mine caved in and trapped them. They were down there 17 days without anyone knowing if they were still alive. On the 17 day they were able to send a note to the surface telling the world "we are alive and well, don't forget about us", and the world didn't. Many nations came to their rescue, input came from all who had the knowledge to help and the best part was the country's President was man enough, and strong enough to allow those outsiders to help to the fullest. The true attributes of a leader who recognized that to be successful help was needed and not spurned. He was on the scene from the begining, even before the men were known to be alive. A tragedy was averted by uniting for the cause. God bless all who helped and all who prayed.

That was a very different handling of the situation than our tragedy in the gulf where our president refused help and spend all lot of the time on vacation not seeming to care one way or the other. The best part was his one statement of "I've been on the problem since day one". We all know better.

I don't care what party you associate with, but we have to get rid of the terrible leadership that we have in Washington from the prez to the congress to the judges and to the way they have turned our country into their country. We all want and deserve better and we will get it. Let's unite as the Chilean did and work to rid ourselves of the cancer that's killing our country. Let's turn back to God and take our country back.

Sorry about the rant but enough is enough and the inspiration of the Chilean has given me hope that we can do it if we want. I wish I could feel as proud of my leaders as those miners feel about theirs.

In the name of Jesus,
    "gene"
    Last edited by PawPaw Gene; 10-13-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gene, I watched that too. You don't hear our mainstream news organizations report it but throughout the ordeal the miners have been saying there were actually 34 people there--that God was with them. Apparently, their faith has played an important role in their survival and they have frequently alluded to it in their messages.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen, Gene I agree with you 102% Well put.................
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

gene et al,

we watched them retrieve some miners yesterday morning on channel 1. this is the station in all the classrooms in louisiana that have current events. we watch it every morning for about 12 minutes. i got a little teary eyed as these guys came up and got mobbed by their family. how does the saying go??...........But by the grace of God goes I.............

i agree that there is a big cancerous sore in washington right now. i am praying that 02 november we "trim off the fat" as my pappaw used to say. without God recognized in this country, we cannot and will not regain our psoition as the greatest nation in the world.

ask and the door will be opened.............

mark
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said PPG.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that, your rant is well deserved if anyone thinks this country is running smoothly they are sadly mistaken!!!!!!!
    A Bad Day of Fishing is Better Than a Good Day of Work!

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said PPGene! I did here today that the US was the ones that drilled the hole to get to them and the escape capsule was designed by NASA. Well to bad our present government has decided to close down NASA!

REMEMBER TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

shadow, my mom told me that the company that actually got them out was from pennsylvania. i thought that was cool the president of chile was "man enough" to accept help from other countries. im thinking of moving to chile. hehehe

doc
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, PPG - and I had the tears, too!

Doc, Chile is not a bad place for fishermen. There is some great trout fisihing in the rivers that drain the eastern slope of the Andes Mts. 'Course, IMHO trout taste terrible, but I guess if that's all there is, I could get to liking it better! :rolleyes:
    Now - gone fishin'! :D
    Pete