Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My 6 day crappie tour will take me to....

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 6 day crappie tour will take me to....

Austell, Dunn, Midway (if the water is right), Bear Creek, Storm Creek, and Old Town. Bringing the jon boat with the 9.9 Merc....the gas hog bass boat that costs me 450 bucks a month will remain in the garage....as usual.

The reservations are made and Im embarking April 7. Should any of you think of anything I should know in advance to prevent either disaster or an empty cooler please feel free to chime in.

Which one of these lakes would you predict the most numbers and which one the largest size? We might chase some bream or bass on the side as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Carp -

I forgot to mention a useful tool. The AGFC has weekly reports for Midway, Bear Creek, and Old town. You can also look at the archives to get an idea of how things went last spring. There hasn't been a report for Midway in the last few months because it has been so low, but there are reports for the lake back in the spring and summer. Once some water gets back in there, she will start sending in some reports. You should take a look at them. CEB -

http://www.agfc.com/fishing/fishreport_all.html

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully there has been enough rain in the past few weeks to pick the water level back up on Midway. I'm wondering about Old Town Lake myself. As warm as it has been this winter, I would think it is time to make a trip there in a week or so. I'd diffinitely start fishing there the first of March.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a report from Old Town from this weekend. Eight or ten guys from here in Searcy went and caught around 400 crappie and catfish, don't know how many of each or how they were fishing but have a buddy running down that info. Will post when I here. Sounds like its time to head to Old Town to me.
    3GD