Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help Needed - Mark Twain Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Needed - Mark Twain Lake

My husband finally has a weekend off and we are planning a 4 day crappie fishing trip. We thought we would try Mark Twain for the first time. Does anyone have a suggestion on campgrounds fairly close to good fishing areas on the lake?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

The State park has some nice camping areas, just south of the lake on Highway 107. Close to several boat ramps and I think they even have their own in the back of the campground. There is also Indian Creek and Ray Behrens areas too.

Post Thanks / Like

DRD is right, the State Park campgounds on 107 are very nice, and they do have a ramp but I would suggest using 107 ramp, it's about 2 miles down from the entrance of the state park on your right ( about 1/2 mile past the second bridge ) easiest ramp on the lake and free. As far as where to fish, you could try Shell Branch it's about 1/2 mile from 107 ramp on the left, Last time up there the fish where about half way back and down 18 feet, but I hear now that they have come up from that to around 12 feet. If you start catching small fish try going deeper than 12 feet. Black/Chart or minnows seems to be working. I've heard of other spots too seems like they are just about everywhere if you get the right depth.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't been to twian in a while, but I would start on the west side of the lake and look for a spot where the main channel swings up against a steep bank or bluff and fish the cuts and timber. stay movin and use minners and nibbles and change colors until you figure out a pattern. if you cant find em deep, try shallow.kinda like your fishin the spawn but fish a little deeper.
    the state park is my favorite campground too and there are lots of boatramps within 10 miles. by camping at the state park, you can use the southfork access, the rt u access, 107 or the small ramp at the campground. 107 and the campground have nice cleaning stations too. good luck.