Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where are the Truman crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are the Truman crappie?

Ok, let me start by saying that i'm way more a bass fisherman than a crappie fisherman but i can usually still catch at least one crappie even by accident...Well, the wife wanted to get into some crappie action so we headed out for 2 days (Mon&Tue) on Truman, We fished black&chartreus jigs for about the first 3 hour's AND DIDN'T CATCH A SINGLE CRAPPIE!!.lol...So we switched over to the bass arsenal and ended up catching a lot of Bass, mostly LargeMouth but also some Spot's, and a handfull of White's but not a single crappie. Are you guy's still catching crappie good on Truman? I know i was doing something wrong but don't know what...We mainly fished from Sterret and up into Little Tebo....Any help on what we should have been doing, Location? Jig color? Depth???:o

Post Thanks / Like

You are member right? well you should always pm some of us locals and we can tell you what is going on, sorry you didn't catch any crappie, we are tearing them up and have been for the past week, some big some not so big but eater's....you had the right color.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I have been finding fish on the shallower flats off of creek channels. 8 to 12 fow seems best for me. Fish 6" to a foot off the bottom. Blk/chart early and orange/chart once the sun gets high. I prolly caught 60 keepers this morning in 3 hrs fishing out of Windsor Crossing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's fellas, i will definately be checking with you guy's first before i head back down!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lot of guys here willing to help out and not just on Truman. Anytime someone is getting ready to head to the lake and does not matter which one just post a thread looking for advice on where they are being caught. Most anyone on here will help out if they have been catching fish. Heck a lot of us on here have even taken people out that have not fished Truman much so they can learn and have safe and successful trips in the future. So no one be afraid of asking for a little help. Heck I ask from time to time. Now that Crappie Masters is over the information will be readily shared with all.

Post Thanks / Like

true dat

what jarrod said

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I am headed to Bucksaw friday and staying thru sunday taking my brother and dad who dont get to go much..I fish truman about 3-5 times a year and usually catch some but any help to get them in a few would be great! I know my way from bucksaw toward long shoal so Iwill probably head that way.....any pointers would be great..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Ok I am headed to Bucksaw friday and staying thru sunday taking my brother and dad who dont get to go much..I fish truman about 3-5 times a year and usually catch some but any help to get them in a few would be great! I know my way from bucksaw toward long shoal so Iwill probably head that way.....any pointers would be great..

Well this is very similar to my situation so I will be listening to replies on this one... (I'm taking my sister this weekend to Bucksaw who has done a little trout fishing but never any crappie fishing.) I generally stick pretty close to Bucksaw Marina in either direction. I did fairly well (by my standards anyway) about 2-3 weeks ago. They were pretty scattered... 1 here...1 there....then nothing for quite a while.....then 5 on a spot......then nothing..... anywhere from 10-30 fow and varied depths. I'd just like to know if that pattern (or lack of) has changed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

sorry...if this is a hijack... I was just adding to the previous post.

Thanks