Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shad Jigheads

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shad Jigheads

Finally I found a way to get them 2" baby shad not to split when I put them on the jighead.Check these dudes out.These are 1/16 with a straight 4 hook.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Garden Hackler"lol

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Finally I found a way to get them 2" baby shad not to split when I put them on the jighead.Check these dudes out.These are 1/16 with a straight 4 hook.
    that is a awesome jig head. Do you use superglue with it. Also where did the plastic bait on the bottom right come from that is very interesting. It looks like a tadpole you have a great ideal. I've never seen that type jig head before.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you want it to stay put without glue...bend a crook in the end of the wire. I have made my version of that head for years with great holding success. I make them for a guy that uses the Berkley Gulp Leeches and he was having the same problem. With a barb the bodies would split like a stick of stove wood. But with the wire and the custom bend...it stays put and with ALOT less damage to the bodies. AND THE WALLEYES LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That bait on the right is one of flatfishes.As long as the back on top of the bait is somewhat flat they stay put very well.No glue.I'll bend a couple of the rods up at the end,good idea grousefly.I like the hook eye being in the position that it is.Pulls the bait differantly.The black head is reserved for jigtwins black and silver 2" Baby shad.
    "Garden Hackler"lol