Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yum beaver tails`

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yum beaver tails`

How many of you guys use beavertails and in what situations. I constantly read about huckabee using them in crappie mag. I bought a few the other day. how do you guys usually rig them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've looked and cant find

Quote Originally Posted by wannafish78
    How many of you guys use beavertails and in what situations. I constantly read about huckabee using them in crappie mag. I bought a few the other day. how do you guys usually rig them?
    I watched him using them on a fishing show not to long ago. Where did you get yours, I have looked several places and either I'm over looking them or they don't have them.
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd uses them all the time Hey Boat I think crappie pro has the smaller ones and BPS should have the bigger ones if that is what you are wanting. I know other people that are catching fish on them also

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Pro has both sizes. Todd usually bites the solid head off before he threads the jig hook thru. I like the bigger ones the best. Use a 1/16 or 1/32 oz head. It just floats down with action the crappies can't refuse. I've been using Crappie Pro's 'Was-hopper' with GREAT success hooking the same. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I like the 2 inch , all sizes of crappie will hit the 2 inch. Crappiepro.com has a large selection of Yum Beavertails and their jigheads are the sharpest I have ever used. That is all I use for crappie they do work. Here is the proof.

All caught on Eufaula in August, 100 to be exact. I am a believer in Yum Beavertails.

Post Thanks / Like

exactly how much of the head are you suppsed to bite off? also you guys keep sayin that there are two sizes. i always have assumed that the 2" is the small size. Am i correct? Also if 2" is the small i'll be darn if i could find them at BPS in BA. I got mine at academy. i do appreciate the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hef I am wondering if we can do like the pic shows this season with the water like it is so low now I am hoping it will come back to near normal by then

Post Thanks / Like

There two sizes of Beavertails 1 1/2in. and 2in. . George I hope Eufaula comes up too. Most of the places I fish during the spawn are high and dry.I might have to fish Oologah during the spawn. Deer hunting is out of my system, it's time to hunt for some hog crappie.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One of our local K-marts had a good selection of them a few months ago. I use them on a beetle spin for white perch during the summer.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaver Tail

I fished wiht Todd this summer on eufala and he didn't use any beavertails. They were all black and chartruse solid body Yum's. Which I can't find on Yum's website.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast