Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fog,rain,wind,and stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default fog,rain,wind,and stockton

they do not mix, took a bit to find the lake, got to CC and the fog was way thick, backed down the ramp and it seemed to take forever. finally hollered at Darrell whoa, he got out of the truck and we had backed clear to the bluff, fog was so thick the truck and trailer just sat on top. man lucky I had 4x4, locked it in and pulled the truck back to the ramp. Darrell got the truck parked and I got the boat to the ramp and picked him up. where to says I , ha do not ask me he says, couldnt see 4ft.8in in front of the boat. motored to a brush pile close, caugh a few shorts, still bad goggy, move another 6ft. found a tree top,only problem was we were still 9feet above the water. see real foggy. anyway moved towards the bridge, 9 boats there,eased off to one side found some more small fish. decided to move again run down stream a bit found a couple brush piles, caught some more small brush piles, caught a couple keepers,lots of small ones, never did get up enough courage to run to the big tree. ended up with 4 keepers.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, thats some fog there!!!!!! I thought you were taking the rest of the week off?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

What happen to the bottle you usually have in your pictures? I see milk this time. Glad you did not run into something in that fog is just no fun to drive a Boat in those conditions. I would say you had a good day all things considered. Congat's!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. If I did all that to catch them, I'd be pretty happy, heck that is the best I did on a perfect day few times.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    Dang, thats some fog there!!!!!! I thought you were taking the rest of the week off?
    start wed.

Post Thanks / Like

hey bender after all the fog,rain,wind, I thought cookies and milk would be a good thing

rugs, got to take the slow days with the good days. it was a bummer day

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Beagle has started drinking MILK!!! Guess that fog was so thick he done went and swore off the hard stuff:D
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

That thick fog is about the only thing that spooks me. It's awful easy to get turned around and think you're in one place but actually be in another.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pvasst1 View Post
    That thick fog is about the only thing that spooks me. It's awful easy to get turned around and think you're in one place but actually be in another.
    The GPS has saved my butt a few times in that fog. But it's still a very un-easy feeling that some FOOL will be running wide open by GPS only while youre idling to get somewhere and you cannot hear him because of your own motor.:o On days like that one just be glad you stayed safe and lived to fish another day.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who told a story of being out one night and the fog was so thick you couldn't see the front end of the boat. They were trying to make their way back into the ramp and for some reason or another one of them stood up and the fog bank was so low that when they stood up they could see perfectly over the fog that had settled right down on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast