Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tenn River Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tenn River Crappie?

Hints as to where to find crappie in the river itself. Any help greatly appreciated

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

What part of the river are you fishing? It's pretty big. :-)
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar Tree Area, close to Lick Creek,Brodies Landing. Need to have an idea how to find them in the river itself. There has to be a good way to get started. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know your area, But I fish Chick around Wolf Tever this week and the crappie are starting to hold under the docks right now, Try BG shad, 1/16 head on a 6-8 count then a slow retrieve look for docks next to deep water...also the bluffs are doing ok up here,
    Maybe this will help out some...
    PJ
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me,,

Post Thanks / Like

Trebor, I fish the same area as you. I mainly fish in Lick, Ricket's, Cub and Eagle Creek. The Bass Tournament really hurt the fishing last week with all of the traffic. I hardly ever fish the main channel but when I do I look for a tree that has been in the water long enough to wash the leaves off but not long enough to completely strip it's Small branches. You dont see a whole lot of people fishing the main river channel for Crappie either. Not sure if it was you or not but I saw someone fishing a laydown just on the otherside from Broadies on Saturday. I mainly focus on the mat's this time of year with a minnow and a cork. Just my prefered way, some use jigs and do well.