Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I guess this guy don't watch Swamp People or he would have known where to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I guess this guy don't watch Swamp People or he would have known where to shoot.

You can't fish with a hung line!

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

dude---how crazy is that. to have a bullet richochet and hit his son in the leg?? that coulda killed him. and i'm wondering too.......just go up and shoot him between the eyes. don't make a lot of sense
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

They're tough critters. My nephew got 3 tags last year and filled them, including one 11 footer. His friend had a new .380 Ruger he wanted to shoot one with. They pulled the big one up and he shot it right between the eyes at point blank range. They said the bullet just stuck in the skin with no penetration at all.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I helped our local nuisance trapper once and all he used was a single shot 22 with shorts. He shoot from behind the gator with the barrel about 2" from it. He'd aim at the hump behind the eyes where he said the brain was. One shot that all, but just for safety sakes he would put another about an inch away from the first.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got to go gator hunting in the marsh with a friend a few years ago who helped his father in law fill a couple of hundred tags. My friend also used a .22 Ruger pistol for most of them, but when we caught an 8 footer, he brought out the .357. We wound up with a boat load of 7 for the morning and those things twitched and slithered for hours. Gave me the heebie jeebies. One of the guys brought back an 11.5 footer. It sort of came back alive as they were hoisting it on to the dock with a wench and he had to shoot it a couple more times.