Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain 10 / 8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain 10 / 8

I would like to remind everyone to check there equipment , some of us forget that things don't last forever....I started to go fishing thursday only to stop 28 miles out and head back home, trailer tire started to wobble. By the time I got home the tire was shot....Checked the bearings and couldn't find anything wrong, turns out it was the surge brakes, they where locking up. I was also out of brake fluid. Never did know anything about surge brakes, I do now..So I didn't get to go fishing thursday
    So now onto the good part , trailers fixed rest of equipment is working off to the lake
    Fished Shell Branch and caught my limit, fish are down 18 to 20 feet, I had to go further back in the cove this time. I was using minnows but was talking with a couple that was using jigs and they had 28 keepers using Black/Chart jigs. Lake temp was 71 degrees sunny and a lite wind,still up 10' over. Another beautiful Day on the lake
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and I had 11 thursday, 14 friday, and 2 limits yesterday. Fished South Fork, My best 7 fish weighed 6 lbs. yesterday. Big fish went 1.05. Ya gotta love them minnr's. Weather sure was nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you change anything to catch more fish as the week went by or did the fish start biting?

Post Thanks / Like

Came up to bout 12 feet. Was fish'n 15.

Post Thanks / Like

the bite is pickin up a little, huh? well I may just have to drive up and see for myself! any word on shallow fish yet? congrats on a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    the bite is pickin up a little, huh? well I may just have to drive up and see for myself! any word on shallow fish yet? congrats on a good trip.
    The bite's always been there, for me. Nothing shallow yet, water temp's still run'n 70 degrees average. Peliguns are move'n on, and the Eagle's are move'n in. Don't miss this weather, it was beautiful. S. F. R. is suppose to post a pic. Had 15 eater's an 15 nice'un's. Good Luck.