Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Holes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Holes

:D

Won't be long until dock and ice fishing get going good! I just got into winter fishing last year and have been reading up on vertical presentations this summer. What have been successful baits for you in the cold months? I have a bunch of 1/32 oz and 1/80 oz jigs tied up, got a few spoons, have all the components to make soldered spoons... What's the best live bait or prepared bait to tip those with?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

the longer water temps stay in the 70 + - the less ice we will have this year we hope

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of guys use waxworms. Minnows are tough to come by after Thanksgiving. First ice is best for me at least, last years was the longest I can remember. Anymore, I like now till Jan less people, no jetskis, and the hunters are in the field. Well I think I'm gonna load up and go
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Visit your local pet store. They have meal worms, wax worms.....and minners. Ran into a local guy last winter that was fishing with minners that he got at the Petco store. They were actually cheaper than some bait shops and they have em year around. Also they have some of those tiny minners that might work better in cold water. Northern guys like the color wax and meal worms and you probably have to order them from someplace up north.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a place besides bigbox stores that carries minnows year 'round, and also wax worms. Need a hint? :D
    [url=http://www.TightLinesKS.net[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I like the direction that this thread is going! It's only a matter of time now...

The South Dakota invasion is scheduled again for this winter. That bowling alley in Downs better stock up on cold beverages! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm... go about 200 miles east from Downs, take a right (south), and we'll be waitin' on ya. :D

Pretty darned slow in the winter months, and if ya come with advanced notice, there could be B&G in your future. How's that for likin' the way the thread goes???

BTW... a great-uncle lived in SD for many years (quite some time back). He had a cattle ranch that backed up onto a reservation...Rapid City, if I remember correctly. Good times, and hella good fishing.

'twas where I first learned about branding, black flies, and bulls with attitude. I'm hella old, but good memories.
    [url=http://www.TightLinesKS.net[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

The ice can't get here quick enough. I'm just praying we can get some ice this year. I'm looking forward to making another trip up to the northern part of the state again. If no ice, may have to have you SD boys show us how to do it up there in the Dakotas. I would love to make a road trip up there to catch some fish through the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

WaterWitchin, sent you a PM!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know why the docks get hot in the winter? The crappie seem to go shallow in the winter. Seems like our docks get hot after the first freeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast