Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sangchris boat ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Default sangchris boat ramp

does anyone know when the east ramp is going to open? i know the warden gets to use it to lauch when he fishes but when is it going to be open to the public.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Ramp

We spoke to the warden after we saw the squad parked there. There were no other personal vehicles parked there. He seemed like a genuine and fair guy. He did a quick safety check. We had no fish and he put us on two brush piles that we caught fish from. He was not fishing. He did not have any poles in the boat. , just binoculars, bump board, safety equipment and ticket book. I know he uses all the ramps including the one for the power plant. Sometimes he puts in from other areas and never uses a ramp. I have seen him launch from the campgrounds. You never know. Just believe that you should have your gear , license, and no short fish.

The word is the ramp will be open as soon as possible. Maybe as soon as March. The bass (oops) guys said they heard March 1st but to check with the park office first. The ramp at 104 is open along with the one on the west side. Water is low.. careful on the west ramp and running near points. The island near the cemetary in the east is almost out of the water.

PieEye
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !