Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bob G - found the fix!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob G - found the fix!!

If you have any of those leadheads left by the next meeting, bring'em along. I found the right mix of chemicals to make them 100% worm proof over the weekend. I think I can do a field fix to the ones you already have. Ended up getting a pint of straight plastic elasticizer from a guy that molds his own plastics, and put one of the treated jigheads in the jar for 48 hours - it came out as if it was just in water, zero softening like you had experienced. Thanks for your constructive criticism, I appreciate it.

I've also matched the chart./black sparkle tube. I'm tickled with the way it turned out - looks like they were made together as one bait. My transparent chart. paint went south on me, so the tubes with red and white undertones are going to be a few more weeks.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That is awesome news!

I'm not sure how much I actually helped but, I am glad you were able to get the fix you needed. As for the jig you matched to the "secret tube" psssst (looking around) Don't tell anyone!!!!!! I can't wait to see how that turned out.
    Does this mean your thinking of coming out again?
    I haven't been out since the meeting. Tried to go on sunday to crooked creek but, the launch was still closed since the floods, the lake is at a good level still a little dirty color wise but, definatly fishable and the corp will not clean the launch off so we can fish. Now we are getting more rain, they are calling for up to 2" by morning so the lake will be high and muddy again. I will be heading to Yellow Creek this coming sunday to do a little scouting for the next meeting. I will post any results I have.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean your thinking of coming out again?
    Yeah, I'll probably make it a one day trip w/ the boat this time. I haven't been fishing either - tried to go more then once, but other (more important) things have just come up.