Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Slip bobber rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Slip bobber rod?

I've fallen in love with slip bobber feeshin after discovering Thills new Crappie Cork and brass insert bobbers. I used a 9ft BnM float n fly rod but my reel seats cant hold any of my reels any more and I'm a bit of a tackle junky. Wut rod would be a good rod to use with a slip bobber from the bank and pier?
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say there are tons of rods that would fit he bill. I would look for something around 7' in length or longer, and make sure the eyes on the rod are big enough for your knot to slip through. I picked up a 6"10' light action Kistler rod on a clearance rack, made for dropshotting, and use it for float fishing. It is the lightest rod I have ever fished with. But there are plenty others out there. If you can get a Sam Heaton with the spinning eyes, I would suggest that rod as well.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Rod weight only matters to me in bobber fishing if I'm twitching the bobber along a lot (and that is rare).

Stay away from stainless steel guide inserts like Berkley/Fenwick SS304 guides. They don't let bobber stops pass as well as ceramic (e.g., Hardloy, Alconite, Hialoy) guides do.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried a lot of them. The Bass Pro Shop, Micro Lite, Graphite 7'6" $44.95 works fine for me. Only bad thing they don't have a hookholder on them. Had to get the Fuji hookholder.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got several 7'6" ozark that i use for everything including slip bobber,admittedly i do very little of it but the rod performs well when i do.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiskerwhipper View Post
    I've fallen in love with slip bobber feeshin after discovering Thills new Crappie Cork and brass insert bobbers. I used a 9ft BnM float n fly rod but my reel seats cant hold any of my reels any more and I'm a bit of a tackle junky. Wut rod would be a good rod to use with a slip bobber from the bank and pier?
    Whipper, can you elaborate on reel seat cant hold any of your reels anymore? I like an 8-0' to 9-0' rod med. lt. action seems to give you more distance and on the hookset takes slack up faster as well. Maybe I can help you with the seat problem.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple 9'6" BPS floatnfly rods, that I love for casting a float! I heard that they aren't making them anymore though.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

some of the new B'n'M poles have bigger eyes on em, newer guides, cant remember the name of the guides/eyes but what ever the new brush cutters have would be perfect, I think several of the new rods they make have em, I have a new camo brush cutter that has the bigger eyes on em and those eyes would be perfect for slip floats, bobber stop wouldnt get caught on any of the guides. just a thought.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13