Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does fishing line matter????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does fishing line matter????

Do you guys/girls find yourself catching more fish by using a certian line? I'm using 6lb mono and doing ok with it, but ok is not good enough, I've read alot about camo line red line green line, heck i think they even make a red white and blue line!! :p i'm just looking to help out my catch and advice is a great thing. thanks yet again

Post Thanks / Like

I think it matters a lot more to the fishermen (based on personal preference) than it does to the fish. As long as you using a reasonably small diameter line that is not overly visible, I don't think the fish care, at all. Personally, I like the hi-vis lines, in 6 - 8 lb test, because I can see it, which helps detect the strike. Lately, I have been using the Cajun Optix line. It has alternating sections of hi-vis flourescent green and lo-vis red. I don't know that the lo-vis part makes much difference to the fish, but each of the alternating colored sections is exactly 2.5 ft long, which makes it really easy to judge the depth I am fishing at. Just easier than counting the jigs down, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

You know the darndest thing that I am confused with, is the color red. You can buy all of these baits and hooks that are either solid red or just has some red on it that is suppose to simulate a bleeding bait. And now, they have red fishing line. They say just a foot or two under the water that the red line becomes invisible and fish can not see it. HELLO....... It seems to me there is a catch 22 here.LOL I guess as long as it catches the fishermens eyes,then the companies have had a successful days catch. (Getting a bite.....ok set the hoooooook) LOL
    Auburn Tigers " National Champions "

Post Thanks / Like

Line ABSOLUTLEY makes a difference. I don't know how much difference it makes getting bites, and I don't buy into the different colors. Hi vis yellow is good for the angler to see the line, and detect light bites. But a good quality line, gives you more time to fish, than to untangle, retie, etc. I have tried them all, and recommend it on this board all the time. Get you some P Line CX, its made for spinning reels, and is the best all around line I have ever used. The next guy will tell this line or that line is better, but I'll never know, I will buy this line until they stop making it.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Procraft

:DYou've got something all over your avatar
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Procraft 176 View Post
    You know the darndest thing that I am confused with, is the color red. You can buy all of these baits and hooks that are either solid red or just has some red on it that is suppose to simulate a bleeding bait. And now, they have red fishing line. They say just a foot or two under the water that the red line becomes invisible and fish can not see it. HELLO....... It seems to me there is a catch 22 here.LOL I guess as long as it catches the fishermens eyes,then the companies have had a successful days catch. (Getting a bite.....ok set the hoooooook) LOL

right on. I had this same conversation this a salesman at bass pro. his sales pitch was that red is the first color to disappear underwater. My question to him was what about all the red jigs, tubes, red flake worms etc. He didn't have an answer.

I have been using the berk. vanish 6lbs. Seems to work fine. I figure better to go with that than the red or green. I think the better the water clearity the more careful your line has to be. was Icefishing with a aquaview last yr and noticed that the blue microice line in 4lbs looked like rope compared to the 4lbs vanish line.

Post Thanks / Like

vanish i use for bass fishing so that will be easy to try, what is the other line p line cx? i use several setups, i'll set one up with that cx:D

Post Thanks / Like

Any red line I have ever seen is crap.

Fine tuning your presentation can be the difference between you and the next guy who isn't catching anything and line often is a difference maker for several reasons. First, high quality line doesn't loop as much or have as much memory which improves casting, bite detection and sensetivity. Next is durability. If you want to land your fish the line obviously can't break on your best fish or when you are in rocks or branches and your line gets damaged. Next is visibility. A lot of guys here don't see well and use high viz line. In murky water I don't think it matters but in clear water it often does, but if you have a tough time seeing your line go ahead and get some high viz stuff. I suggest trying some copolymer line like Gamma, McCoy, Triple Fish, Berkley Maxx, Sufix Promix or Tritanium, Pline, or Vicious.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Locater79....See ya Saturday....War Daaaayyyyyyyuuuuuuum Eagle !!! LOL
    Auburn Tigers " National Champions "

Post Thanks / Like

No catch 22 here!
    I DO MY BEST PROOFREADING RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE "SUBMIT" BUTON

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast