Default Letter from Mitch McConnel

REPUBLICAN LEADER
    COMMITTEES:
    AGRICULTURE
    APPROPRIATIONS
    RULES AND ADMINISTRATION
    MITCH McCONNELL
    KENTUCKY
    361-A RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON, DC 20510-1702 (202) 224-2541

September 21, 2010

Mr. Charles Coy
    Madisonville, Kentucky 42431-6190

Dear Mr. Coy:
    Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPAl possible ban on lead ammunition and fishing tackles. It is always good to hear from my constituents.
    As you know, several environmental advocacy groups petitioned the EPA seeking to ban lead in ammunition. Several conservation groups sent a petition in August arguing that the use of lead in ammunition and fishing tackle is poisoning the nation's lakes, ponds and forests and asking the EPA to ban the "manufacture, processing and distribution" of lead shot, bullets and fishing. On August 27, 2010, the EPA rejected the petition claiming they have a lack of jurisdiction on this matter.
    Fishing is a common activity enjoyed by countless Kentuckians. I understand the importance of preserving the ecological health of our natural waterways and marine wildlife. However, like you, I believe fishing regulations should continue to be administered by the states and believe bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. should not interfere with your rights to fish.
    Thank you for contacting me about this important matter. If you would like to receive periodic updates about issues such as this, please sign up for my eNewsletter at hup ://mcconnell. senate, gov/ and become a fan of my page on Facebook, by visiting Mitch McConnell | Facebook

Sincerely,

MITCH McCONNELL ~ UNITED STATES SENATOR
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ifish View Post
    On August 27, 2010, the EPA rejected the petition claiming they have a lack of jurisdiction on this matter.
    Another response based on a misunderstanding of the facts.
    Fishing since '50!