Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Price Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Price Help

Hello All
    Need a little help with something. I have never bought a new boat before but have been looking for a fish and ski. Kids and Grandkids wont fit in the bass boat. I had a dealer call me yesterday and he has a 2006 Triton with a 150 horse Optimax, 74# motor guide, 3 bank charger, custom cover, AM FM CD player and Lowrance electronics on the console and the front. I think they are X135's. He is asking 25,900.00. The boat was actually sold but the guy that bought it brought it back because he decided he wanted something bigger. My question is, is this a good price on this boat since it actually is used. The motor only has 2.88 hours on it.
    Thanks for the help
    Mike Perry
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Check with NADA www.nada.com, sounds a little high but I know the tritons are a little higher priced, but good quality rides. You said you are looking for a fish/ski, you if you are really wanting more of a fishing boat but able to hall 4 people you should look at the multispecie boats or walleye boats they call them. I have a charger multispecies boat. Works really good able to hall 4 people around but has a large front deck to fish out of. I have found fish/ski boats arent the best boats for fishing out of in my opinion.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I agree w/ TAE73. It sounds kinda high to me and I am also not impressed with fish & ski's. To me they are much more "ski" than "fish". I have a fishing boat w/ an 85 hp and I ski with it all the time. Good luck w/ your purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 20' procraft fish and ski that in my opinion has plenty of room to fish. A nice large front deck that can fish 2 very easily. Lots of room in the back to fish off as well. Tons of storage. I can fit 6 comfortable in the boat when the family wants to joy ride. So if you need both as in my case and sounds like yours these are a good option.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat price help

The boat is going to be used mainly for fishing. Just need the extra room for kids and Grandkids. I know I would be losing on the front deck but is there anything else about a fish and ski that is not really fishing friendly.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mperry
    The boat is going to be used mainly for fishing. Just need the extra room for kids and Grandkids. I know I would be losing on the front deck but is there anything else about a fish and ski that is not really fishing friendly.
    Mine is used about half fishing and half entertainment for my family. It was the only choice for us. Until I hit the lottery and can afford a cruiser it looks like a fish and ski for us...But honestly i dont think in your situation you will miss the shortened front deck. Just think of the benefits of your family being able to go out with you and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...For 25K go and buy the 2072 G3, put about a 115hp on it, load it down with every option and still be able to put 8K back in the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little help

Sounds like a good idea to me. How about the seating though. That;s more what I'm worried about. Have a 6, 3 and a 1 year old along with 2 kids, son in law and girlfriend plus wife and I. But if I can save a few thousand I'm all for that. I thought that sounded kind of high for a used boat even if it was only used once.
    Mike
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

9 people....4 adults and 5 kids? I think they make a 2080 which is 20 feet long and 80" on the bottom and I think the cap is 8 maybe 9. Call local G3 deal and inquire about the 2080 or the 2072. If not them I think Grizzly (made by Tracker) has a GIANT alum boat like the 2080, buy it stripped down, have them place a new 115hp on it, take 5K and load it down with junk and seats, etc, and you should still come out with THOUSANDS left over.

Post Thanks / Like

I have what is called a ski and fish because it has a 4.3L v6 engine in it (it's an inboard/outboard).

The biggest problem with mine with fishing is the windshield tends to catch the wind and blow the boat around on windy days.

The biggest advantage is also the windshield. If it is cold or rainy, it is sure nice to lean in toward it and escape the wind or rain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast