Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Melvern 10-4-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern 10-4-10

Lower 30's this morning. Had a grandfather & granddaughter meet me at the marina ramp at 11 for a 1/2 day trip. Winds outa the SSE around 10mph. BEAUTIFUL day!! 3 boats up on the face of the dam :D:D as we headed west to where the chanel bumps up close to the south banks. Lots of piles here in several depths. I'm seeing lots of shad at different levels. Some pods were broken up. This usually meens feeding fish. Came across a pile down at 23ft and 3ft high. Yesser dere was fish on/in it. Dropped ky riggs to the bottom and walked them up to the pile. This tactic put 12 keepers in the livewell for them. I was on a small fish :rolleyes: pattern, even doubles, but nota :o keeper. A boat ride with her driving around & back to the ramp was a hoot. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that the fish are still hitting, I plan on going Friday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day Chatt!Did you try any jigs?Also,what color works best in the fall?Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

PC, Most of the fish, keepers, were close to the bottom. I was pretty much over the pile trying to keep them in the gooduns. Bumping brush excited the little fish. Didn't try jigs down in that jungle. I do like the larger baits, even minners, at this time of the year as the shad are not small. Gota git dem cranks out. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER