Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fellows Lake Access?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fellows Lake Access?

Wondering about getting on fellows lake in springfield. I know theres an 40HP limit but what if i take my prop off? ( i have a 150) and what permits are required? Any help would be great guys thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I would do a search for the MDC southwest regional office in springfield. I'm sure someone there could answer all your questions.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

The Missouri Conservation shows a number to call......see the following....It lists 417-863-9000 to call for boat permits. They should be able to answer your question.

Area Summary

I've heard there is a $25 boat permit required. A couple of years ago I was told NO motor over 40hp was allowed even if the prop was taken off. Let us know if you find out differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless they've relaxed the rules they won't allow it. The lake is owned by City Utilities and there's so many regulations the list of stuff you can't do is way longer than the list of stuff you can do, in other words they're a bunch of sticks in the mud(pg version).

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished off the dock over there a caught a lot of little fish and some good fish. I know the are really jerks about that 40 hp limit. I have a 50 hp on my boat. kpflumm you are aware that there are muskie in Fellows Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

dont think about it, dont do it, they will cuff you stuff you and haul your boat and trailer away and give it all back in 5 months and fine you
    300 dollars or close to something like that.