Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Depth finders

Post Thanks / Like

Question Depth finders

I am looking for a finder my toon. I am using Hummingbirds now on my trolling boat.Just wondering what the favorite was. I would like to have dual transducers. I dont need GPS (got a portable unit). Thanks SG
    Lets Go fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure everybody has different prefrences I guess a lot has to do with how much you want to spend. The color units are all the craze now but they are expensive. I use an Eagle 480 on the front of my boat transducer mounted on the trolling motor. For the money, they do a wonderful job with showing you what your over. The 480 sells for around $180.00(on sale) and you can get a smaller version with lex pixels for under $150.00.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with badbrad. The Eagle 480 is a great unit. Good resolution. The Eagle 320 is just a step below....just a little less resolution, but it's a good unit too....the 320 is about $30-40 cheaper, but if you can afford it, go with the 480.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Garmin 250 with the dual beam transducer. If I can ever figure out how to use it properly it will be pretty neat. D*mn thing is smarter than I am.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-04-2006 at 12:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Lowarnce x-65 on front and back of boat does a great job.I agree depends on how much you want to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a X75 on my trolling motor and a Global Map 200 indash. I'm wanting to upgrade the one up front to the Lowrance 102c . What is the need for Dual transducers?

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind going used, they have tones of them on e-bay.
    They have new units too that were later models.
    I'm using a LMS332 and totally love the thing. I've been using Lowrance for years and years so it didn't take me long to learn the in's and out's of the thing.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    I have a X75 on my trolling motor and a Global Map 200 indash. I'm wanting to upgrade the one up front to the Lowrance 102c . What is the need for Dual transducers?
    I have a dual beam Hummingbird on my trolling boat..Before I got a GPS, I would use the wide beam to find my brush, then go to the narrow beam to pin-point it. Thanks for the info.
    Lets Go fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 of the hummingbird TCR-400 I think that is the model. I has the dual beam transducer. Shoot out the sides and then hit the button and shoot to just the left or right. Or just straight down. but the side finder will not work on my Trolling motor it has the built in transducer. and only works down on the 20ft boat. but works great on the 17ft boat.

Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    I have the 102C TAZ and I love it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"