Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Latest news on the Rayburn Crappie Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest news on the Rayburn Crappie Club.

I just got an e-mail from ACA about starting a crappie club. I am cutting and pasting from the e-mail so here goes.

Get More Out Of Your Crappie Fishing
    In An Affiliated Chapter

YOUR ACA CHAPTER BENEFITS INCLUDE…

• Fun and fellowship derived from an association of fellow anglers and the opportunity to learn from them.

• Affiliation with the American Crappie Association and the local Chapters that are organized to promote and protect your crappie fishing interests on both local and national levels.

• An Outdoor Journal for each ACA member. The Outdoor Journal is an informative quarterly publication packed with articles, reports and schedules on crappie and catfish fishing as well as chapter activities in your area.

• The ACA Chapters’ Outstanding Achievement Awards. These special awards are presented to chapters for outstanding programs and activities on a local, regional and national level. Presentations are made at the Crappie USA Classic each year. It will be your responsibility to send to us by May 31 of each year a list of activities of your club.

• Tried and true tournament guidelines and rules for your chapter tournaments.

• Insurance Program - $1,000,000 liability coverage for sanctioned club events as well as $10,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance.

Frequently asked questions:

$1,000,000 Liability Insurance

Q. Does this replace my own boat liability insurance?
    A. No. However, this policy does include a non-owned boat liability coverage that will protect
    the insured with the exception of the boat owner. The boat owner’s insurance will protect
    him or her. Remember, this insurance coverage in no way replaces your need to carry
    personal liability, boat liability or auto liability insurance.

Q. Is this $1,000,000 for each occurrence?
    A. Yes. There is a $1,000,000 limit for any one occurrence that results in a claim.

Q. If the boat owner who caused the accident is sued for more than his boat liability coverage
    will this policy provide the difference?
    A. No. There is no coverage for the boat owner in this policy.

Q. Will this cover any of our chapter-sponsored functions?
    A. Yes.

Q. Will we be covered during an event for which we charge admission?
    A. No. Events where an admission is charged are excluded. (Tournament entry fees are not
    considered admission charge.) For an additional charge we will be able to cover these events
    subject to the Underwriting Company’s approval.

Q. Is there coverage for claims between members?
    A. No. All members are “Named Insured” by definition and claims between members are not
    covered. The members could look to their boat, homeowner or auto insurance for applicable
    coverage if a claim arises.

Q. Do we need to list all chapter events now before they occur?
    A. No. This covers official events automatically without the need for individual listings of these
    events. (Tournaments, meetings, charity events, etc.) Events should be documented in the
    minutes of meetings.

Q. What is the coverage for an open tournament?
    A. Coverage is afforded for an open tournament. Members (insured) are covered for claims that
    may arise from the activities of a non-member. However, the non-member is not an insured
    and no coverage is afforded to the non-member.

Q. Which types of claims are covered by this policy?
    A. Claims resulting from bodily injury and property damage to a third party.

Q. What is the coverage period for this policy?
    A. January 15th through January 14th of the following year.

$10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment

Q. Is this a standard AD & D policy?
    A. Yes.

Q. What are the exclusions for this coverage?
    A. Suicide, disease, military service and some air travel on private planes.

Q. What is the coverage period for this policy?
    A. January 15th through January 14th of the following year.

CHECKLIST

Please complete all of the following requirements before sending in your application for affiliation with ACA.

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:

• _______ Must have at least 12 members.

• _______ Must have 100% ACA membership.

• _______ All new ACA memberships must be prepaid and submitted with application.

• _______ Current ACA members must include their expiration date or ACA membership
    number on the application for chapter membership.

• _______ Submit $14.00 (per member) chapter dues at the time you send in your
    application for affiliation.

• _______ Submit complete names, addresses, ACA numbers and phone numbers with
    application.

CONSTITUTION & BYLAWS REQUIREMENTS

• _______ Amendment stating you will maintain 100% ACA membership.

• _______ Amendment stating that a complete membership roster will be submitted to Crappie
    USA/ACA once a year.

• _______ Submit two copies of your Constitution and Bylaws, signed by all chapter members,
    when forming a new club.

LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION

Must be signed by the club president and secretary and returned to ACA.

When you have filled all the above requirements, submit your membership application, your chapter dues, two copies of your signed Bylaws and the signed Letter of Authorization to:

AMERICAN CRAPPIE ASSOCIATION
    125 Ruth Avenue
    Benton, KY 42025
    270-395-4204

Good Fishin’,

Darrell Van Vactor
    President
    [email protected]

If we can get 11 other members to join we can have a club. Lets all think hard about this. I already joined.

Do we really want a group of at least 12 like minded individuals to hang out and fish with on a regular basis as a ACA club?

I know the crappie tournament trail does not come here but maybe we can get them here.

If you want to talk about it I can be reached at [email protected] or call me at 936-366-7407 on my cell phone.

Lets all think about it and lets do it.

Post Thanks / Like

i was reading somwhere that there was some place in Huntington that let a bass club have there meetings there ...maybe we need to set up a place and try and see how many people we can get to come...Kmateck...call me if you want to try and set up a meet...936-829-2531

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few people responding I am hoping that as the weather warms up we will get more interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep up the good work guys. It can get discouraging at first trying to get a club started but, it will all come together if you keep at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie club

well we have two people interested .....is there 10 more crappie fisherman out there willing to come up with a meeting place and try to form a crappie club...let us know...

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten three personal e-mails about the club and one guy says he knows a few more people that would like to join that works at the same place he does.
    We need to all post our e-mails on this board and when we get at least 12 willing members all get together at a central meeting place and hash out the details.
    I will post another message stating this.