Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Crappie Species - Pomoxis Nasuslongus

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Crappie Species - Pomoxis Nasuslongus

Tried the crappie at Beech River today. Only caught one, a newly discovered species!! INTRODUCING...

Pomoxis Nasuslongus (long-nosed crappie)...

Started out behind the pump house... water is knee deep!!! Moved over to Beech River. No luck shallow, so decided to try them deep. Ended up with a really nice mess of catfish, but not a single crappie... at least no short-nosed ones!!! :D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that was you I saw. I had 5 keepers with a bunch of short fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Alan. Hate I missed you. How's it been going? I talked to an old feller who took out the same time I did. He fished behind the pump house and caught 15. Said he was fishing the blow-downs and caught every fish right up against the bank, right where the wood meets the water. Showed me one of his poles. Fishing minnows beneath a slip cork, with the bead tied no more than 8" above the hook. Apparently, I didn't try shallow enough.

Glad to hear you caught some fish. We need to get together one of these days!!! Our November tournament is going to be on the watershed lakes. Maybe you can join us.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Rickett's, Cub, and Lick Yesterday and the windd was HOWLING. Caught a bunch of short's and 3 keepers. Yall dont forget the river's gonna be jacked up next weekend in that area with all them boats runnin round(Carl Perkins Bass Classic).

Post Thanks / Like

George, Man that is a nice Crappie you have there. Glad you got out there and had some fun a caught some cats.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff