Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Morning of fishing, part good, part bad

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Morning of fishing, part good, part bad

I hit the lake at first crack of light. It was really windy up here, so I hit what is called "lost lake" at Big Creek. Normally it's sheltered from the wind Bite was a little slow, but got some nice crappie on several trees. It was windy and cold. My 2 sweatshirts, and insulated coveralls and gloves weren't quite enough, so I figured on leaving and finding a cove out of the wind. No luck, so hit some brush piles on the main lake. It was windy, really struggled staying on top of the brush, but when I could, I caught crappie. Ended up with 15 before having to motor up for the dock. Got just about to the dock, and something broke or came loose on the throttle cable. Engine ran good..only at an idle. Had to go the rest of the way with trolling motor. That was fun in big waves. Trolling motor would come completly out of the water once in a while. Got the boat home and pulled the cover off the merc. cables all looked good there. I think something came loose or broke at the throttle lever side. I couldn't see how to get that thing apart, so took it to the boat repair this afternoon. Hopefully they can look at it Monday, hate being w/o my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

catching the fish are fun, catching the wind ain't......... glad you made it in..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of that "wind" stuff going around today. You would think a cold front was pushing it or something??

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

You may be right. I think the high today was 57, and supposed to get frost tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Wind, big waves and boats repairs can take the fun out of about any day.....hope they get it fixed soon for you

Post Thanks / Like

Predicting frost here the next two mornings too.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

dang gunner, maby it will be a quick fix, hope nothing bad, next time put them fish on a stringer and put them out front or the boat and let them help pull you to the ramp. oh well a nice mess of crappie, kinda helps the pain a bit

Post Thanks / Like

I've been in those type of situations and they make a certain part of your body pucker up big time.....glad you caught a few and made it in safe.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Boat: definition a shallow depression in the water into which vast sums of money are poured:D
    Bummer it broke, but glad you made it in safe and sound.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!