Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW Arkansans: fair weather fisherman?

Post Thanks / Like

Default NW Arkansans: fair weather fisherman?

I haven't seen any posts from my fellow Beaver Lake crappie chasers lately. Is everyone waiting for spring?
    Fishing is slow but not bad! Is anyone else fishing? How have yall been doing?
    I've been lonely!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

JT, I haven't been out in a while. I have been a little spooked about the low lake level. I don't want to tear up the lower end on my motor like my buddy did not too long ago. If I did I wouldn't be able to afford to fix it. Have to bury it.
    Have you been up in the War Eagle lately? That is where I like to Crappie fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I was up the War Eagle river a couple of weeks ago, I only went to the first tree line though. Water depth was o.k. to that point. I will make another run up both rivers on Tuesday or Wednesday. I will keep you informend on the level up the rivers.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

duckmentotheend82 Guest

I am heading on up to Beaver tomorrow. I'm not from up there, but my uncle is and we are gonna try to catch some in the cold.

Post Thanks / Like

J.T., only fishing I have done lately was in the aisle at Lowe's in Rogers when I ran into a fellow enthusiast. After talking to him I 've got the lowdown on these rascally Beaver Lake crappie. Look for me on early spring days in the upper end of Beaver.

Cold weather fishing? Yes, I remember it well. Eyes on fire and tears streaming from the 40 mph wind as I desperately search the shoreline for a spot to stop the danged boat and build a fire. "Hurry up - throw more gas on those sticks". Remember it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks J. T. I do almost all of my Crappie fishing in the War Eagle. I have done a bit just up a mile or so above the 12 bridge, but didn't catch them like I do in War Eagle.

Post Thanks / Like

J.T.

Like the others I don't trust the low water levels. Most if not all of my brush piles are above water now. I'll also start braving it anyhow in a couple of weeks. Fish should be shallow then. Been praying for rain perhaps i'm not holding my mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default J T Did you make it?

Hey J T , did you ever make it up the War Eagle? I drove out to the Sidewalk Hole the other day and it is LOW! LOW! LOW! I swear the fish's backs will be sticking out if it goes down much more. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sparkletail,
    Today I went up the War Eagle creek! I got as far as the sidewalk hole and realized that is as far as I can go! But I did catch good numbers of crappie just off the tree lines on the ledge of the creek channel where water went from 20' or so to 5'. They were scatterd form deep to shallow so I driffted minnows on the deep side and casted jigs into the shallower water. The fish are definatly there just stay in the main channel while your motoring there.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks J T!!

I figured they would be hanging around there somewhere. I am sure glad you did some good up there and thanks for the info on water depth and boating hazards. I may just have to get out and see what I can do. Talk at you later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast