Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you been recognized in a magazine...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you been recognized in a magazine...

Have you ever been recognized for your fishing knowledge or catching luck? Do have pics? Just wandering. There are a lot of knowledgable people here. If not at least there is always crappie.com. Thanks fellow pomoxis regulators.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

no
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have been in Outdoor Arkansas three times. It is a local publication through the weekly newspaper. I don't have any picks though. It was well done by the writer Flip Putthoff.
    One was on exploring local islands around the lake and the other two were on crappie fishing.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

had a topless pic in 'INFISHERMAN' mag bout 1980 with 3 lb 12 oz crappie the biggest weighed in their annual contest for several yrs. had a picture of a 12 lb 12 oz largemouth in "NORTH CAROLINA SPORTSMAN' couple yrs ago. my 15 mins. of fame!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sent a pic to a regional mag here called Water N Woods of myself w a couple
    2-1/2 lb plus crappie. I did it on a chance- they were to do a drawing or pick a favorite at the end of the year and winner got a 2-3 day all expenses paid
    fishing pkg to Kentucky L or Reelfoot can't remember. It got printed but no
    fishing pkg so far (!), no endorsements from Penn Reels, and Wally Marshall hasn't called asking for personal tips & pointers.
    Jeff
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

all my pictures are at the post office
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had several pictures of my clients and the big crappie they caught while fishing with me published in the local paper and hunting/fishing magazine.

Does that count?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

the guy I fish with, Brad Whitehead, was in Crappie world last month. His article is about getting your jigs out at just the rigth depth, on page 28. But the cool thing is the guy he was fishing with made the cover. He is wearing a yellow cap adn shirt with Phlueger on it.with one of Brads rods in his had. The picture was taken in front of one of our favorite holes on Wilson lake. Thought that was pretty cool. If you look in CUSA's crappie journa., Brad's big mug is holding fish in an advertisement for the Colbert County Tourism. Kinda scared me when I opened up to that page and that ugly face was staring at me.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Does this count ..

This is from the 2001 Sportsmens Digest newspaper ... about the first Crappie.com Fall Brawl Crappie Tournament, held on Watts Bar Lake, in East TN. Partner Paul and I took 2nd place ... that'd be me on the far right in the picture (tall guy holding the Brag Board).
    Paul & I won the following Spring Fling 2002, but I don't remember if pictures & report made it into that paper. I don't have a copy, if it was, so I can't show it. ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

my photo resides beside crap-kings at the po.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast