PDA

View Full Version : This Fishing's Getting Dangerous!

sneakypete
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Finally found the tide at a decently low stage, hit the west shoreline of Buck Point (V-Bay), and had a nice red on fly right off the bat. Then Durel's son got a good one, and then Durel hooked one - only to have it eaten at the boat by a bull shark. ISYN! A nice red, too! Hmmm. And there were some others with it, too! :eek: :eek:
Anyway, then we moved to safer waters where we got two flounders, a nice red, around a dozen fine croakers, a half dozen kitties of the proper persuasion, two bragging-sized (??) gou :rolleyes, and a few pounds of really nice shrimp. And at our last stop a Tarzan-sized alligator kept us away from the sweet spot.
I'm going to have to start fishing for sac-a-lait if things don't tame down a bit!! :D :D :D :D
Pete :cool:

Micropterus salmoides
09-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd rather swim around the gators, as they're always around sac fishing anyways, but not playing with sharks.......ever. I've got all the red and specks I can ever eat, but I'll take those flounders off ya though! Everyone wants to bake 'em, but never realize how much better they are fried. Bake or grill the reds and fry the flounder.

Adam

jlaughlin72
09-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a day on the water that i don't want to experience. Glad yall came out of it ok.

sneakypete
09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a day on the water that i don't want to experience. Glad yall came out of it ok.

Oh come on Johnny, never a dull monent in Pete's world!
Keeps things interesting - gous and flounders and bull sharks!
But thanks for the concern!
Pete

PawPaw "gene"
10-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Now Pete, to really make it interesting, you should have tied into the gator. A battle supreme. I can see the headlines now, local angler set world record on a fly.
"gene"

sneakypete
10-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Hey PPG!
Alligators will definitely strike a fly rod popper - I have first-hand experience with that. But to fish for them intentionally like that would be "molesting" them, and that's illegal.
Man, they take the fun out of so many things these days...
Pete

PawPaw "gene"
10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Pete, I think you'll have to agree, at one time it might have been "molesting" them, but now the picture is reversed. The gators are so thick they are "molesting" us.
"gene"

sneakypete
10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah PPG, you have a really good point there. I'm going to start molesting those mothers.
(Fathers too!).
Pete

shadow
10-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Finally found the tide at a decently low stage, hit the west shoreline of Buck Point (V-Bay), and had a nice red on fly right off the bat. Then Durel's son got a good one, and then Durel hooked one - only to have it eaten at the boat by a bull shark. ISYN! A nice red, too! Hmmm. And there were some others with it, too! :eek: :eek:
Anyway, then we moved to safer waters where we got two flounders, a nice red, around a dozen fine croakers, a half dozen kitties of the proper persuasion, two bragging-sized (??) gou :rolleyes, and a few pounds of really nice shrimp. And at our last stop a Tarzan-sized alligator kept us away from the sweet spot.
I'm going to have to start fishing for sac-a-lait if things don't tame down a bit!! :D :D :D :D
Pete :cool:

About the only thing that would have made that trip more interesting would have been doing it out of a leaking boat......So when we going?!?!?!?! lol