Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love fall

Post Thanks / Like

Default I love fall

I just don't like what follows. The weather has been great up here in Iowa-land. And what makes it even better, the crappie are cooperating. Had a little time this afternoon, left the house at a little after 4, got home about 6:15 with 12 nice crappie and 3 good white bass. So, it was grilled fish tonight. I think I'm growing crappie-fins, I've eaten so much crappie this summer.
    jim

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a perfect day!!!!! Thanks for the report

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great time, I like this cooler weather, got your check today will spend it tomorrow............... thanks........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

NICE!!!! I'm jealous.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_1911 View Post
    I just don't like what follows. The weather has been great up here in Iowa-land. And what makes it even better, the crappie are cooperating. Had a little time this afternoon, left the house at a little after 4, got home about 6:15 with 12 nice crappie and 3 good white bass. So, it was grilled fish tonight. I think I'm growing crappie-fins, I've eaten so much crappie this summer.
    jim
    How far are you fishing from Lineville? I might have to get in touch with you when I head back up that way to work fireworks. I think I can stick a couple of rods in the RV.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work Jim,how do you grill your fish?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    How far are you fishing from Lineville? I might have to get in touch with you when I head back up that way to work fireworks. I think I can stick a couple of rods in the RV.
    Lineville is 113 miles south of me. I'm just North of Des Moines, fishing Big Creek. If you do happen to get up this far, give me a shout, if we can't find fish, we can still get the lines wet and have some fun doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    I'm just marinating in Italian dressing for an hour, then slapping on a hot grill. Not too long, they cook fast. I have the grill pretty hot. I sprinkle a little (wife would say a lot) of Creole seasoning on mine. I like the spice but my wife doesn't. She claims my taste buds are dead. I'm looking for other "easy" ways to grill if you have some suggestions. I love the fish fried, but that's probably not the healthiest.

Post Thanks / Like

you better selltle down up there in the north, your gonna pull a musle. naw just joshing you, nice report, keep em comming

Post Thanks / Like

22 more tonight. Had to work a little harder though. No size limit in Iowa, but didn't keep anything under 9 in. This is the first time I have caught some that small. Great night on the lake. Cool, slight breeze. Leaves turning color, and fish biting. Doesn't get much better than that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast