Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton trip a bust

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton trip a bust

Put in at Rouark about 07:00 and ran down to Birch Branch and counted 5 boats already there. Talked to a couple of them and they hadn't caught anything. They said they had already talked to the others and they were fishless also. Couldn't get a hit there, so moved across from the mouth and started bottom bouncing. Only had a couple of half hearted hits, so spent a couple of hours bouncing worms and minnows on the points and flats. Finally went to the flats across from the launch and killed a couple more hours bottom bouncing with only a couple of perch from around the brushpiles to show for it. Concentrated on trying to catch some Walleye and pretty much ignored Crappie, but don't think they would cooperate either from what others were saying.
    Water was a funky green/brown and the wind was a nightmare!
    At least it was a change of scenery from Table Rock:D
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, sorry to hear the tough luck. That wind up on Stockton can make it rough sometimes, better luck next time.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get it, I sure thought you would catch some today.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to keep heading north to Lake of the Ozark and make it to crappie camp. Once there it won't matter if you catch any fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    You need to keep heading north to Lake of the Ozark and make it to crappie camp. Once there it won't matter if you catch any fish.
    Said so well my friend! What we don't end up drinking Old DW will light the fuse and blow it up! This is going to be my first trip ever to LOZ to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Thanks LSL. I would love to make it up there, but the Wife has different plans for that weekend that I can't beg out of. At least it wasn't just me not catching any on Stockton. After talking to the other guys and learning they weren't catching Crappie, I spent very little fishing for them and switched to Looking for the toothy critters.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

dang radio thought you might get into a mess on the flat you were fishing, today was better, next week will be eaven better, I will show you a few of my seceret spots, the ones up by the bridge over by the rocks,next to the bluff,somewhere close to the old combine////