Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side finder who said you could use standard for side finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default side finder who said you could use standard for side finder

some on here said you could use a standard transducer for side finding please reply

Post Thanks / Like

rocket I am not that person, but I don't think you can use a regular transducer for a side scan!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't happenin.......
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Well sort of....Cane Pole took a regular 2d xducer and mounted it to a pivoting bracket that moved the xducer from shooting down to shooting sideways...but it gave him side sonar in 2D which is not the same as SI images...

If you are interested in Cane Poles idea ....I'm sure he gladly repost his setup for you.....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

canepole do it again please

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry Blake does the same thing. He's explained it before on here somewhere.
    J

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I read an article that said that is how it was discovered. Someone turned a xducer sideways with fish synbols turned on to look under a dock and it worked. Bottom Line came out with the first ones. Too bad they used cheap construction methods as they worked pretty good, when they worked.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

from a Jerry Blake post in another thread
    It all depends on how you fish. Everyone seems to assume that you have to mount a shoot-through-the-hull transducer near the transom. Not so! I have a shoot-through-the-hull puck transducer epoxied into my hull near the bow where it's angled about 15-degrees to the right side of the boat where we fish.

I can see the cover we're fishing before I run over it with the boat. I can see fish, check their depth and drop a bait to that depth and within a foot or two of where they are (horizontally). I can see my jig and the split-shot on our front two rods whenever I move towards them and they drift towards the boat. I can often see fish come up and look at our offerings and I occasionally see one take a bait and get snatched out of view. If I had the transducer on my trolling motor, which I have had, it would be more than 10-feet from where we are fishing and not nearly as useful.

You loose a little bit of sensitivity by shooting through the hull but that is easily remedied by increasing your sensitivity. I have mine set at 7 out of 20 or about 35&#37;. By shooting at an angle the graph gives a slightly deeper depth reading but that is easily remedied by adjusting Depth Offset.

I'd say, if you're fishing vertical, put your transducer as close to where you're fishing as possible.
    Here is the entire thread:
    Shoot-thru-hull or trolling motor mount?
    J

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawg...link is bad...check it out. I can't get it up.

Nevermind...found the problem....you have http:// twice on there. If you don't delete the one it gives you it'll double it and you won't know it.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a lot of the humminbirds that are side finders they allow you to shoot the beam to the left or right side works great running down a bluff or looking under docks. But its just a standard 2-D and shows fish and stuff off to the side.
    There 400TX I know did it.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast