Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ky lake depth??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky lake depth??

I'm going to be heading to Ky lake for a few hours saturday and was curious if anyone knows how deep I should be fishing. Probably going to start in the 15 ft range. Does that sound reasonable?? Also, does anyone have a report on the water temp or clarity?
    Thanks for any help guys, I'll post my results when I get back.

Take care,
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Green
    On the north end I've been fishing 15' to 25' with most fish in the 20' area. The temp. is about 50 and the water is stained with about 3' to 4' visibility. With all the rain today it could get worse. Good Luck.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.kentuckylake.com/update/lake/conditions.htm
    http://www.kentuckylake.com/fishingreport.htm
    Check out these sites. There is a small forum on the last one.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake fishing

I was on the lake Tuseday and fishing for a half of day,end up with 25. The lake temp was about 48 and i was fishing 22ft.

Post Thanks / Like

Default In The Bays

Hey guys. I'm a Towboat pilot and am in on my days off. I have been fish'n almost everyday and have been doing real good except for yesterday.

I have been catching lots of fish on brush in about 15' fishing about 10' deep. I talked to a guy the other day that said he caught some in 8' while the water was up.

I've started spider rigging the other day and caught a good mess of big fish on the flats fishing about 11' deep in 12' to 13' of water.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the info fellas. It looks like I'll be fighting a nasty colf front with high winds, but that kind of luck seems to follow me. I'm really just hoping to get a few nice fish, not trying to fill a cooler (though I wouldn't complain if that happened). Thanks again and wish me luck.
    Take care,
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Toughed out the rough weather yesterday on Ky lake for about 5 hrs with only one short fish for the effort. I knew it would be tough but it was worth a shot. I'll get them next time. Water temp was 48 to 49, stained in color. Graphed a lot of fish in 12 - 14 fow but couldn't get them to commit.

Take care,
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wiskers. Did you just start spider rigging? and if so what kind of setup did you use. I am interesting in setting my boat up for that and just wandered what you used. What kind of rod holder did you get and what kind of poles did you get? Just trying to get some info. Thanks.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigg'n

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechaser2
    Hey Wiskers. Did you just start spider rigging? and if so what kind of setup did you use. I am interesting in setting my boat up for that and just wandered what you used. What kind of rod holder did you get and what kind of poles did you get? Just trying to get some info. Thanks.
    Hey Crappiechaser2,
    I've been spider rigg'n for a while now and I love it this time of year. I have an 18' Lowe Stinger 180w boat. I went with the tite-lok black widow bracket. I didn't buy the tit-lok rod holders though. Those things are almost $20 bucks apiece. I went to wal-mart and baught some metal rod holders for $3.95 apiece and took the brackets off and mounted them to my tite-lok black widow mounts. As for poles I went with a good 12' glass pole. I rig and fish 8 rods, 4 on each side. I did try using my B&M's but the first time you run into a brush pile with the wind blowing and break the tip on a good graphite pole you'll go with glass to. Heck thats all you need. Its not a feel thing. You watch for the bite. As for reels; Gander mountain sells a good little level wind that I have a few of. Heck I'll do you 1 better than that. Go to www.sportsmansguide.com In the search window type in crappie combo. They have a 12' rod & reel that's just right for spider rigg'n for about $20 bucks. I've got 4 coming myself. If I get a chance I'll take a picture of my boat setup and post it. I really works well.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Wiskers. Thanks for the info. I would like to see your pictures. I think I am going to set up my boat soon.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast