Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default New To Board

Hello everyone, my name is Larry Foster and I live in southern Indiana. I mostly fish for bluegill and crappie at Patoka, Hardy and John Hays. I just bought a new Matrix 37 from BPS and looking forward to using it. I love the forum and all the interesting if that everyone provides. The question I have concerns the superlines and braided lines. What type of eyelets do you recommend on your rods when using these lines?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slipbobber..welcome to the site. there's another "Larry" on here from your neck of the woods.

as for the rods with superlines. I like the titanium guides. the graphite and old plastice guide tend to get a groove in them from the line after a while and it causes the line to fray.

good luck and fee free to post up...especially some pics of Indiana slabs

smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Larry! I kow you'll enjoy the site! I can't help you with your questin because i don't use braided line, but there will be others that will know more about it I'm sure.
    Although, I would believe Fuji guides would probably make a good guide for your rods.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to board

Welcome Larry
    Just exactly where are you from. I only live about 3 miles from Hardy and fish there a lot. Along with Patoka but I have not fished John Hay in years. Has some good bluegill but never crappie fished there.
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!!

With the super lines, you need to make your eyes do NOT have the "plastic" inserts, or the line will carve a groove in them.

Like J.T. said, it is hard to wrong with anything Fuji makes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guides

I've had cheap guides groove, but only had problems with the tip-top guide, since that is where the real pressure and "sawing" comes into play. They are easily replaced with good ones too. If you haven't learned how to replace the tip-top guide, it is really simple. It is also good to learn how to re-place and rewrap the other guides on poles as well. It is a lot more involved however.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from New Albany. I've had limited success with crappie at John hays but have found a couple of spots where I'm starting to catch a few everytime I go. Mostly bluegill and redear at John Hays, I've fished Hardy for Bass but have been trying my hand at crappie and still trying to find them at Hardy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to board

I have not been to John Hay in a long time. Is it pretty easy to get a boat in and have they made the parking lot any bigger. Usually not enough room to park a truck and trailer. If you go to Hardy about the best place that I have found is in ceder cove. Full of stumps and just about any tree you can catch fish off of. I lost a Flueger reel and Ugly Stick rod there also so maybe you can get lucky and catch that while your at it.
    Mike
    Mike Perry

Post Thanks / Like

They have made it a little easier to get your boat in. They have repaved the parking area, making larger for more parking and paved the road down the hill till you cross the creek. From there it is still gravel and bumpy. Thanks for the help with Hardy, if the weather holds I'm going to try and get out on a weekend hopfully.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Arkansas. I use mono so I can't answer your question, but it looks like the other fellers have it covered.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast