Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummingbird Toes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird Toes

This is highly confidential information, and I would definitely not pass it on to unworthy souls. However, some of you may be worthy, and the time is almost gone, so...
    Hang three hummingbird feeders at the edge of your front-porch ceiling. When a big gang of h-birds has been showing up for a couple of days -it is now staging time for their southern migration, and usually around suppertime is best, remove and hide one feeder and remove another and hold it where the tips of your fingers are just above the ring where the birds sit while they drink. Then sit down on a porch bench and wait, holding your feeder as still as possible.
    They will first come to the remaining feeder, then begin looking for the ones you have removed. Eventually they will come to inspect the one you are holding, and if you have enough soul, they will light on the ring and drink. Right in front of your face!
    And if the force is with you, one - or two - just might light on the tip of one of your fingers. And if you don't get a thrill from that - goosebumps, even, then I really do feel sorry for you. It is a supremely awesome feeling.
    Hummingbird toes - think about it.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here you go Pete, I back you up on this one. Here's the proof.

YouTube - Hand feeding Hummingbirds - Taming The Alaskan Hummingbird (These cute little birds will amaze you!)

From the bayou and I've been to Alaska,
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

some one sent me that you tube link about a week ago. gave me chillbumps for sure.

doc
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see it in person.
    "gene"

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I hang 4 feeders on our front porch every year. Last year about this time we had around 25 birds and now about 20. My favorite part of the day is sitting in my rocker late in the evening and watch them. I can attest to them coming to a feeder while you hold it but we've never had one land on our fingers. A strange thing that's occurred in the last week is that we've had 2 hummingbirds somehow get trapped between the feeder and the little ring they sit on. Don't know how it happens but we have to go out and gently free them. I'll see if I can post some photos of the trapped birds.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stuck Hummingbird

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one after my wife got him unstuck. He sat there for a long time and finally flew off after a little prodding.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shots Tbone.
    "gene"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    Here you go Pete, I back you up on this one. Here's the proof.

YouTube - Hand feeding Hummingbirds - Taming The Alaskan Hummingbird (These cute little birds will amaze you!)

From the bayou and I've been to Alaska,
    "gene"
    Man, PPG, those folks must have a LOT of soul! I'm going to have to try that tonight!
    Thanks for the post!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I finally re-juiced our feeder this weekend. My daughter has been getting a kick out of it. They buzz by us sitting on the back porch while she plays in the kiddie pool.
    The fish are biting somewhere and here I am on the computer again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast