Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Bringing Back Fishing Sections

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walmart Bringing Back Fishing Sections

Wal-Mart is also in the process of returning some merchandise to its store shelves that it previously removed under its "Project Impact" initiative. The company has already put dry grocery items back on the shelves and is now working on hardware and fishing. Simon said they are "going as fast as we can" to get products consumers have demanded back into the stores.
    This is from an article about Walmart's sales woes. The Simon mentioned in the article is the Walmart CEO. Apparently, they believe part of the reason their sales numbers have declined is due to the fact that they removed a lot of lower selling merchandise items from their shelves. So they're planning on improving their fishing sections. Hopefully, this is true.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

I will do my best to stay OUT of any Wally World I see! 98% of what they have is JUNK anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

They just renovated the Wal-Mart I shop at and increased the size of the sporting goods section.

Post Thanks / Like

They are going to add the FLW brand again. Saw that while watching the FLW classic this year. I think the quality of their product will increase, but they still could do alot better with the selection. Of course they will concentrate on bass stuff
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Since Walmart did this a while back, I have taken most of my fishing buisness to the Academy. With that being said, since the Academy has not let me down,I will continue to do most of my buisness there. The Academy is cheaper than Walmart on most of the stuff I get anyway. (believe it or not .)
    Auburn Tigers " National Champions "

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Walmart is for emergencies for me since the closest tackle store that carries any reasonal amount of fishing supplies is atleast 20 miles away, with an Academy Sports being around 40 miles away.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Living in the boondocks, WalMart is the only store within 70 miles. All I can say is "Thank God for the internet and online ordering!"
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Anything would be an improvement for the Wal-Mart store here in Batesville.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm like everyone else, I have about stopped shopping Wal-Mart for fishing products.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarryG View Post
    I will do my best to stay OUT of any Wally World I see! 98% of what they have is JUNK anyway!
    You are right, Wal Mart's quality has declined. However, you cannot complain about the service in the Northwest stores... there isn't any service. If you run in to buy something the issue is getting out. There will be 5 check lanes open with customers 10 deep and the other 20 or 25 check lanes closed. I see people get impatient and just walk out leaving the shopping cart sitting. Mr. Sam would turn in his grave.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast