Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOOP AROUND Houston

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOOP AROUND Houston

Could one of you crappie fishermen tell about the loop around Houston I am going to be starting at Shreveport going to come in on U S 59 and going to Corpus. what loop goes around Houston that I can take.

Post Thanks / Like

You have two options. The first is Beltway 8 and from 59 back around to 59 you will have to pay a $1.25 toll two times. The second is loop 610 it is closer to town and often has a lot of traffic and construction. Personally I would pay the $2.50 if you will be coming thru during rush hour, otherwise don't take a loop at all. Hope this helps.

Big Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Big Dave 610 souds good the last time I went through Town traffic moved pretty good. I think I will try 610 I will be going to Alice Tex hotshot run for Railroad. The last I went through Auston good roads but the traffic in Auston at 8.00 at night was rough, SLOW SLOW.

Thanks Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Unless you are heading through Big H in the middle of the night, BW8 is the way to go. US 59 is under construction just South of downtown and 610 is a hassle anytime of the day traffic wise.

BTW, there are 3 tool booths on the beltway, so $3.75 fees, but worth it if you don't have an hour to waste.

HPJ

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if he is hotshotting, then he'll be towing a float and those extra axles add up quick times 3.

You'd probably save a minimum of 15 minutes going via Beltway8/Sam Houston Tollway but, if you have a couple extra axles then it will cost you $4 more than the regular toll per plaza or approximately $15 dollars to go that route.

If you're in Houston off peak I don't think it is worth it but, during peak hours, I'd cough up the extra money. You'll still be stuck in traffic if you take the tollway during the rush and probablly wondering why in the world you ever decided to take a road that costs money to put up with this mess but, be assured that it is better than the west 610 loop a hundred times over.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to do that I would time it so I would be going thru Houston in the wee hours of the morning, traffic would be light and cost would be minimal, also if you are going to CC it would put you there about 4hrs from Houston ..Good Luck!!