Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake of the Woods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake of the Woods

Have any of you MN boys been to Lake of the Woods anytime recently? I may be heading up there with some of my co-workers who live in Minnesota. Just curious how the fishing is right now.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I was just up there a couple of weeks ago. Fishing has been pretty poor for LOTW. The water clarity is extremely poor, which in turn has made fishing also bad. The reports that I have heard lately are it is still pretty slow but the water is clearing. If your using portable houses move ALOT. People have been pulling most of there fish between 24 and 29 feet of water with a 50/50 walleye to sauger ratio. Also if you have the opportunity to fish the river DO IT. Most of the good reports have been coming from there.

Hope this helps
    The S.W.A.T. - "We Don't Flock Around"
    www.TheSupremeWaterfowlActionTeam.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info on LOTW. We will be using portable houses and I will suggest the river.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading back up there this weekend...If you havent been up there yet I will give another report when I return

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I do not think that I will be making the trip due to the weather. The guys that I would be going with said that with the sub zero forcast for this weekend, they are hesitant on going. However, I hope we are going.

Post Thanks / Like

What are they afraid of? Cold weather shouldnt affect the fishing that much, because it has been cold up here in the north country for the last few days. The bite is still sort of slow but if you move around alot you will catch fish

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that it is the cold that they are worried about. They went up a couple of years ago in sub zero weather and the 4 wheelers and snow mobiles kept freezing up and had trouble running. I am from Missouri and try to ice fish in MN as much as possible so I hope they change their minds. If not, I have to wait until next month for the trip up to Bowstring/Winni/Ball Club area.

Post Thanks / Like

Well thats not that bad, I was just up there a few weeks ago and caught some nice perch and a few eyes....The fish are hitting pretty well, with some crappies even being caught. If you can't make it up to LOTW be sure to get up to Winnie or bowstring.

Post Thanks / Like

Our trip is cancelled for this week but we going to the Bowstring area for sure in March. I will post pics when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading out tommarrow to hopefully bag a few eyes on LOTW....Reports when I return..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast