Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: we are spending too much money...

Post Thanks / Like

Default we are spending too much money...

After reading my new NC Game & Fish magazine, I've realized us fisherman spend too much money. The article is "Advanced Cane-Pole tactics For Crappie". It tells how to find and cure your own pole, how to rig it, and different tactics to fish it. It even has a picture of some guys in a jon boat spider rig'n with'm. Now that's sum'n...
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I still have some cane poles in my basement that I used up until about 2 years ago - caught several vrappie and bream with them as well as a 6 lb hybrid - now that was a fight - that thing actually pulled my anchors loose
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got any pictures? I'd like to see'm.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any of the cane pole catches but I might find something
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I misunderstood. I thought you caught a 6lb hybrid bream, but by hybrid I think your saying hybrid bass. Sorry 'bout that. My fingures are moving faster than my brain.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use a few on my barge for nightstalks. They are indestructible and work great to get a few extra lines in the water with no cost at all. Makes good switches to when I have problems with my crew.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a few around there that still use them. but the rods ($6) I use for spider rigging is about the same as the cane poles. I may have to rig some up and try them. Man 20ft cane poles. Now that will work. that will make 48ft wide.. water span being covered..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Rods 20 feet long. I would have a mess in the boat for sure then. It would be hard to get to the tip of the rod if you had to. Especially in smaller boats. My boats is only 17 feet long and I have a time is 12 ft. rods. But I get the point of the post. I have never cured my one cane pole. I may try it.
    LET IT RIP!