Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I bought it anyway without regrets......

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I bought it anyway without regrets......

I found a small boat for sale on Craigs list. The boat was a Coleman Crawdad, 11 foot. The boat was located at Fort Campbell Ky.

I was looking for a small utility boat to use as a painting platform for my boat dock (dock tender). I had never seen a Coleman crawdad, so Brenda and I drove to Clarksville, Tennessee to meet the individual with the boat. You never know what you are getting into on these occasions, so all parties agreed to meet openly at the Jack in the Box hamburger joint.

We arrived early and had a snack before the party with the boat arrived. As we snacked, Brenda and I saw a truck pass by with a boat in the truck bed, so we trotted out to so to meet the owner/seller. To our surprise, an army 101 airborne soldier emerged from the truck. Brenda and I were immediately relieved of anxiety of meeting some strangers.

He and I immediately "hit it off". We spent a lot of time talking GI stuff (those who served knows what I am referencing). As our conversation expanded, he told me he will be leaving in two weeks for yet another tour in Afghanistan. Sad part of the story is that his young bride is due to have their first child about this time. Brenda talked to the young woman. I don't know what was spoken, but I am sure Brenda gave her a good supportive talk. Brenda and I will maintain contact with the couple until his return.

The boat wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it will suffice. I gave him the full advertised price for the boat. He tried to give me some of the money back, but I refused to take it. He needed the money much much more that I.

What a pleasant trip.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, what did you get at Jack in the box? Love that place

Post Thanks / Like

saw that ad

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know Jack In The Box was that far east.

Always interesting meeting people. You never know who they'll be or what you have in common.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    saw that ad
    Yep. Thanks for mentioning Craigs list to me the other day. I don't use Craigs much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimeyslab View Post
    Well, what did you get at Jack in the box? Love that place
    Big Jack Cheese.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thats a great story Tom--what I,d expect from you--Believe I,d have done the same
    What few times I,ve paid for a couple in a resturant--They sure show their appreciation
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post Tom. Those who do multiple tours are a special breed, I wish him the best. And the boat ain't so bad. If'n it's not stable enough, another can be found and with a little tinkering, a pontoon affair would surely be stable enough.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

your a good man, canepole! We owe them a debt we can never repay.

Post Thanks / Like

we allready knew he's a good guy and that proves it. as for the boat put a couple of pvc 4 inch pipes like a pontoon on each side and that will help steady it, of course cap the ends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast